Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No Service

I have been trying to contact optus for over 4 weeks now. I understand the call centres are down, but so is the messaging service. My internet is out and I cannot contact anyone.

I have never been able to link my cable internet account to MY ACCOUNT service, although I have attempted this several time, spending hours on call centers to get it done. Hence the optus app is no use to me because only my mobile account is linked.

This has also meant no Optus cable TV service, although my land line is still working. Every phone call to Optus has resulted in a hang up. Surely there is some one who can be contacted. I have even tried billing services, but no answer.

As I can.t get any service from Optus, I have now changed to another internet service provider, so I now want to cancel my Optus service. But how? Can't contact anyone. Now paying for a service I cannot use, and cannot disconnect. Any Suggestions?

I doubt I will hear form anyone.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: No Service

Hi CW1963,

Just confirming the call centres are not down. Customers can still call 133 937, they may experience delays due to the current situation as you mentioned.

I'm afraid we don't have access to customer accounts on this public forum.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Wrong. Called the number three times today, used different telephone prompting - Phone service, Braadband Service, and billing inquiries., each time (12 noon, 3pm and 5.30pm) got a message that the centre was currently closed, got directed to the messaging service, and hung up on me. Could not talk to anyone. 

Messaging service does't work - website indicates "Unfortunately due to COVID-19 impacts on our customer care teams, our web Messaging Team is unavailable at the moment."

Any other suggestions how I resolve this - quickly?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

If you are unable to call, you can message our Social Media Team via  Facebook or Twitter they have a point of escalation for the following urgent enquiries:

-No Broadband connectivity (no access to the internet) 

-No Mobile connectivity (can't make or receive calls)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I do not use facebook or twitter, any other suggestions.

Called 133 937 again today. Hung upon me twice, saying no one to take a call, directed to the app and messaging which is not active. Once again my account is not linked so the app is useless.

What now?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I've just tried myself and got through (after a wait), don't press 1 to be sent the link to chat with the Messaging team when prompted at the start.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, Just managed to get through myself. After 4 weeks of trying they finally answered a phone, be it a 40 minute wait. All is good, thanks for your assistance.

0 Kudos