cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No Internet in the Daintree area north of cairns

Broadband is working on Telstra phones and internet but not on Optus

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: No Internet in the Daintree area north of cairns

Hi @CapDan, it's not good to hear you've been having problems with your Internet service.  This certainly isn't the experience we want our customers to have.

I have looked into the suburb you provided and there doesn't appear to be any planned maintenance or outages in your area. It's likely that your issue is an isolated occurrence as I can confirm there are no other reported incidents for your area.

Have you checked the Network Status page to see if there are any outages in your area may be affecting your service? Simply click on Fixed Outages and enter your full address into the search bar and if there are any outages, you will see them reported.

May I suggest having a look at My Optus Service Is Not Working: Troubleshooting Index for steps to help you get the best connectivity for your service.  Just select the Internet connection type you have.

Power cycling the modem often helps too.  When you notice a dropout, turn the modem off and turn on again after 30 seconds.

Please give the above a shot and let us know how you go.