cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Jo-green
New Contributor

No Fetch TV after a week - and still told to wait a few more days!

Seriously, I received my Fetch Box Mighty and an Activation Code at 11.38am on the 4th of November.

I tried putting in the code only to receive an INCORRECT CODE message. 

I thought I would try the soft and hard reboot, to no avail, so I had to ring.

First I was told 30 minutes to 4 hours - so I waited and tried again after 4 hours - still incorrect code.

So I rang again and was advised that the order was pending so give it another 4 hours - still incorrect code, so I rang again as well as chatted on the message app.

This time told it would be escalated and would take 3 to 5 days as IT needed to fix it.

Well I am not going to bore you with how many times I called yesterday and today and how many promises I have been told that I would be called back - but the latest promise is that it will be fixed in a few days - AND ME BEING AN IDIOT IS PAYING FOR THIS!?!

I want to speak to someone in Australia and tell them why they should come and pick up their rubbish that is just wasting my electricity and be paid for the hours that I have spent on my mobile phone.

I have been with Optus for so many years - thanks, your scare mongering worked and so I picked you for my NBN provider and decided to get an upgrade - fat lot of good that has done me!

I want to go to Telstra or anyone but Optus - or should your new business name be Useless?!?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: No Fetch TV after a week - and still told to wait a few more days!

Hi Jo-green,

Thanks for raising this issue.

We don't have visibility of customer accounts on here, do you have a fault ticket number we can try to follow up on?

If you've been unable to activate your Fetch box, you shouldn't be charged for it. If you receive a bill with charges from the 4th of November up until the date it gets activated, it should be straight forward to request to have them reversed.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors