cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Anatoli
New Contributor

New optus mobile plan + optusSport, will my existing optus sport account automatically switch?

I had an existing optus sport account subscibed through google play. Now I got optus mobile plan that included optus sport. Both accounts use the same email. 

How do I make sure I get optus sport but don't get charged the subscription fee that I used to have?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: New optus mobile plan + optusSport, will my existing optus sport account automatically switch?

Can't you just cancel the google play subscription?

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: New optus mobile plan + optusSport, will my existing optus sport account automatically switch?

If you want to use the same email address as your Optus Sport login, I'd go with Peter's advice. 

An Optus Sport subscription requires a unique email address. Your email address shouldn't be registered for both a paid and free subscription. 

How to cancel an Optus Sport subscription in the Google Play store

1. Launch the Google Play Store app
  2. Tap Menu 
  3. Tap Subscriptions.
  4. Select the Optus Sport subscription 
  5. Tap Cancel subscription.

Keep in mind: your subscription will remain active until the initial subscription end date. For example, if you've subscribed on the 7th of the month and you cancelled your subscription on the 1st of the month, your Optus Sport subscription will remain active until the 7th. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos