Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Jupiter11
New Contributor

New Tv, New Fetch box - No signal

Before I spend a few hours on the phone to Optus support, hopefully someone here can give me some advice.
I brought a new TV and new fetch box (multiroom) for the guest room. Plugged it all in right but the TV says no signal. I know it's the right input source and it's all working because when I restart the fetch box, it comes up with the fetch "system starting up" textbox, before it goes to no signal. I've tried restarting modems, Tv's, the fetch box. Thought maybe it was updating or something (connected through working D-Link adapters - too far to connect direct to modem) but it's been over an hour now.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: New Tv, New Fetch box - No signal

Hi
What happens when you press menu on the fetch tv remote?
If you do not get the menu screen I would suggest it is a fault fetch box.

Dave

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

No signal refers to the reception from your roof aerial. At this stage just unplug the Fetch box all together. Just plug your TV into the wall aerial socket and see if you can scan the FTA channels using your TV remote only.
0 Kudos
New Contributor Jupiter11
New Contributor

Yes I think that was the answer.
We have a fetch mini in another room which connects to FTA channels through the main box without an antenna. I assume the mighty box I got would do the same, but it doesn't. Don't have antenna socket in the guest room.
Just changed the boxes around in the rooms and now they're all working correctly. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Wow. Glad you got it running but the box isn't designed to run without an antenna. If everything is working 100% then no problems but if you get glitches then a simple indoor antenna might settle it down further.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/our-range/lighting-electrical/electrical/tv-antennas-accessories/indoor-...

Edit: Re-read and the mini is streaming the FTA from the mighty which is connected to an aerial. I too would expect the same from the new device but if you've got it working now then alls good.

0 Kudos