cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Futurist
New Contributor

New Fetch TV need a Signal booster for FTA?

Last week my old Fetch box turned its toes up. Ring Optus who took me through some things but they figured a new one was needed and sent out a couple of days later. Tried to set it up but box wasn;t registered. Call Optus - Bit of work at the back end got it booting up.
But NO FTA channels were found. Previous box got all channels, never had an issue. So grabbed an internal aerial that works fine on another TV and tried it - got Channel 31 only. Ring Optus. Take me thorugh some more steps - I could get a booster box and they'd refund or they could send a new set

Let's go the new set

Same issue as last one

Why would the new Fetch boxes need a booster when the old one worked fine? No FTA channels at all, Should I send this one back to?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Fetch TV need a Signal booster for FTA?

Are you plugging the box into an external aerial? You say an internal aerial worked better than that?

What postcode are you in?

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor Futurist
New Contributor

3187 Peter, thanks

The original box was plugged directly into an external aerial that's outside the house and worked fine.

Plugging in EACH of the nex Fetch boxes to that same aerial line got NOTHING

So I brought in an internal aerial used on another TV that ALSO worked fine on that other TV and plugged it in to the new Fetch boxes

Ran the scan and got NOTHING - well Channel 31 did appear on one scan first time around

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Ok,

Brighton should get a decent signal. Its a common complaint on newer Fetch boxes that the tuners are weaker. But they shouldn't be that much weaker. I would consider asking for a replacement again (might get luckier). You could also try a KingRay booster like this

As a last suggestion perhaps get an antenna guy out just to measure the signal strength to your outlets. While some equipment can do better than others digitally, the "digital cliff" can mean a slight decrease in capability results in zero signal.

I would suggest you swap around the antenna cable (from the wall to the fetch) as that might be a culprit

Also, I assume you're not splitting your signal (try it straight if you are)

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors