Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor Trinilimer1
Occasional Contributor

New Fetch TV and free to air via fetch set top box

I signed up to a new Optus contract with Fetch TV and all work except that the Free to air via the Fetch set top box does not recognise the free to air channels. Free to air works fine if direct to TV. 

Support has told me this is a long going issue, when I signed up they did not advise it was a problem or would not work. Is there any news on this issue. 

If nothing I will ask to cancel and break contract.

Regards

brendan

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: New Fetch TV and free to air via fetch set top box

Its not a long standing issue. The FTA (Free To Air) channels use seperate tuners. It appears your tuners are faulty.

Request a new box (you are leasing the box so OPtus will swap it over immeadiately). They'll send a new one out and a courier bag to return the broken one.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: New Fetch TV and free to air via fetch set top box

Hey @Trinilimer1, it's definitely not a long standing issue, it's something that does come up from time to time but it's definitely not something that's trending. It does sound like your tuners are faulty. You can actually raise a fault online via → https://offer.optus.com.au/faultreport/individual/. We'll have a consultant call you to arrange a new set top box. If you do run into any issues, feel free to comment back here on this thread. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos