Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor elvolvorules
New Contributor

New Fetch TV Activation Code

Hi all

I used to be with Optus years ago and had wonderful service. I rejoined them last month on their $80 NBN plan with Netflix. Then I made a mistake and stuffed something up.

To get my Fetch TV STB going, I joined Netflix and obtained an account, thinking it was the way to go. I quickly learned that I should have used my activation code to join and all would have been great.

I cancelled the account and entered the correct activation code sent to me by Optus. That would give me access to Netflix on the $80 plan.

You guessed it. The code doesn't work. I can sign back in using the password I created for the Netflix account, but that means I become a paying customer again.

I have been the rounds of first speaking to Netflix. They cancelled the account and told me I needed to contact Optus and get a new activation code.

I had a long keyboard chat with the man at Optus, and provided my Optus account number, my Fetch TV Serial number and my phone number. He said I needed to chat to Netflix, and they would be able to give me a new activation code.

You guessed it. The lady at Netflix said Optus have to provide the code.

Optus sent me back to Netflex who gave me a phone number for their technical service. The fellow who answered told men someone would ring back, but that was hours ago.

I want to enjoy the Optus experience I have ten years ago, but it is slipping through my fingers.

Can anyone give me some advice here?

Regards

Alan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: New Fetch TV Activation Code

Hi Alan,

You appear to be confusing activation codes. Netflix and Fetch TV are completely seperate companies.

1) You need to Activate your FetchTV box - this is done by Optus. You can usually find your activation code under your internet service in MY ACCOUNT. If you can already turn on your Fetch box and watch TV then it is already activated.

2) If you want to watch Netflix then you need a Netflix account. Sign up with them. You can enter your account details into the Fetch box under the SUBSCRIPTIONS heading I believe. Basically just select NETFLIX and follow the prompt

Just to be clear getting the Fetch PVR / Optus deal doesn't give access to free Netflix.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

New Contributor elvolvorules
New Contributor

Peter

Thank you for describing to me what I should have seen in the Optus advertising.

The download for Netflix is free, but the subscription is not.

I think of those poor people I spoke to trying to do their job, wondering what the heck I was talking about.

Thanks for helping me out, Peter.

I've just signed by up to Netflix, with the first month free.

Have a great day.

Alan

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Yeah, I've had more than few conversations where only later did I realise I'd made a gapingly wrong assumption. Smiley Happy

Optus used to offer actual free Netflix so its not an unusual misunderstanding to have developed.

Enjoy the vids.

Note that Netflix have no issue with you sharing your subscription. Its built into the interface that you can have up to 4 different profiles (So one you an/dor one the wife? and one the kids? ) You watch on four different devices at the same time (so if you only watch Netflix on the TV then you've got three other streams to give away) You can give to other friends or family that can perhaps contribute say $50? to the annual Netflix fee. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie