cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor SoloMeter
Occasional Contributor

Netflix commences on Fetch TV via app, then just displays a red screen

Hi,

I have had a fetch TV box (mighty) for only 2 weeks. When I log into netflix I get the normal menu items, however as soon as I select a TV show to watch, the whole TV screen goes RED and nothing happens until I press exit on the fetch remote.

Note: My TV netflix app works, my DVD player netflix app works. My phone and PC netflix apps/web links work. BT Fetch TV app does not.

I troubleshooted all the connections etc and all come up with no problems ?

Any ideas. Optus Live chat is not working , which is quite normal these days.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
16 Replies
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Re: Netflix commences on Fetch TV via app, then just displays a red screen

Hey @SoloMeter, have you attempted a soft reset? A hard reset is probably a last resort, as this will delete all of your recordings, and I'm not convinced this is a hardware fault issue to begin with. Have you reached out to Netflix for any feedback on the issue? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your rely. I did a reset after I did get assistance from Optus Technical and it worked. It was via menu>manage>settings>device info>options>fetch Box>restart. (devic info is to the right of diagnostiscs box and is not visible on the initial settings screen) This method does not remove any channels or recordings and the activation code is not required either. I would call it a light soft reset.

However , after two uses of Netflix it happened again, so I followed the procedure above again and so far Red screen has not come back.

I cant see how it could possibly be a netflix issue. As I mentioned every other app of netflix that I have on all other devices still work while the fetch tv issue is present.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hello  ,

Just tought I'd advise that my screen goes RED when I try to open Optus Sports. I had to  menu>manage>settings>device info>options>fetch Box>restart to get optus sport on fetch working again.

This is now 7 times in 3 days that I have to do this, so I know its a fetch issue and not Netflix. What do you suggest I do. I'm getting a bit sick of the muti-day 'refresh' as a normal part of my day. Cheers Solo

PS: Can you tell me how I find all Yes Crowd posts I make. I tried a search and retuned zero results when clearly I have made posts. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hey @SoloMeter, pretty frustrating that this is still occurring! It definitely sounds like something strange is going on.

If you're still having trouble, please report this through to our TV & Content team HERE so we can follow it up for you.

As for your own posts, you should be able to find them by clicking on your own Yes Crowd profile Smiley Happy 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor kymberly01
New Contributor

I have been having the same issue for the past month. It is with every app i open, and even my own harddrive every now and then. It is very frustrating

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Hey @kymberly01 - Have you had a chance to speak with Tech Support about the apps crashing on your STB? If the box is faulty we'll be able to organise a new one for you.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

@JordanOptus, Does this also include me to contact tech support? I started the post but seemed to have been lost in conversation.

I dont get red screen on every app, but I got it again yesterday. It seems that some sort of 'cache' gets full and then apps just give up working until the reset I mentioned in my earlier posts is performed. Note this method does not make you loose your recordings.

One issue I have a problem with is that if you are asked to do a hard reset, you loose all your recordings. There must be a contingency to be able to port the recordings to a usb or soemthing and then port back to the hard drive ?

What happens to a user who has a lot of recordings over a long period of time? Surely loosing everything is not the standard solution ?

Thanks @SoloMeter

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Absolutely @SoloMeter - Have a read over this thread in regards to getting recordings off of the STB. Basically, there's no pre determined way to do it and we don't support it, however others seem to have a found a work around. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

@JordanOptus

I contacted the support area you suggested and I received a refernce # 281022344. BUT

I was told to go to sport.optus.com.au/support.

This is just a site. Nowhere to enter the refernce number to check how the fault is progressing. Its just nothing but basic FAQ's.. So frustrating.

How do check my refrence number progress ? Thanks 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors