Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Netflix commences on Fetch TV via app, then just displays a red screen

@SoloMeter, the reference number you've received is a temporary fault reference that's used to create your trouble ticket. A fault reference will always begin with 1. Feel free to send us a PM with your account details. We need your full name, DOB and account number. We'll go in and dig up your fault reference. We'll attach this one to your profile and provide you with updates at your request.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Sky82
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am having the same issue and it only started when I got the Fetch box. Doesn't happen when I watch Netflix on the playstation

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

@Sky82, before we troubleshoot further, I'll need you to try a soft reset:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment-Knowledge-Base/Fetch-TV-Soft-Reset/ta-p/133753

The next step is a hard reset:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment-Knowledge-Base/Fetch-TV-Hard-Reset/ta-p/133701

Keep in mind that by doing a hard reset and following these instructions this will remove any recordings you currently have.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
SoloMeter
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

My fetch box is still doing it , so I am used to doing a soft reset every few days via  menu> manage> settings> device info> options > fetchbox restart.

Optus Sport also sends the screen red on occasions, so its definatley not Netflix its the fetch tv box.

I dont want to hard reset as its a bit stupid you loose all your recordings. I have way too much to loose so I am stuck with an interim solution.

Good luck 😉

They should do a version update to fix this but its obviously not a worry for Optus/Fetch TV.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Which version of our firmware are you using?

We did release update 2.18 (Daintree). You can check which version you're running on via Manage Settings Device info.

If the box currently says 2.17 Cascade you will need to get the customer to perform a

Fetch Box Restart”.

Manage> Settings> Device Info> Options> Fetch TV Box Restart.

0 Kudos
Dandunti
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have the same problem and it's very annoying. The only way to fix it is restart the fetch box. My firmware version is 3.7.8871

0 Kudos
SoloMeter
Contributor
Contributor

HI,

Yes, I have had about 2 or 3 upgrades to the firmware since 2017 and I still get the red screen. Over 2 years and they still can't fix it.

Crazy in this day and age, especially when Netflix works perfectly through every other smart device, TV, Box, etc. ( not Fetchbox of course).

0 Kudos
Top Contributors