cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor MHug1
New Contributor

Netflix cancellation

Could someone please explain why my Netflix has been cancelled? Netflix sent me an email to say my subscription was cancelled as optus had contacted them and said the account could no longer be billed through my Optus account.

i'm currently overseas and the optus website won't let me log on to check my account details. 

I don't want to restart my subscription through Netflix and then get charged by them and then Optus when my next bill arrives.

Optus please explain...

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Moderator Aman_B

Re: Netflix cancellation

Hi @MHug1, apologies for the hassle. Could you please confirm if the subscription was a limited time offer? Basically to continue using Netflix you'll have to sign the subscrition with Netflix. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor MHug1
New Contributor

It started as three months free from optus and I never cancelled it. I've been billed monthly for Netflix, on my optus account, for the last 12 months at least.

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Thanks for confirming @MHug1.  Looks like the subscription through Optus billing has ended but you can certainly continue using the service and pay straight to Netflix. Please Click here  to update your payment options. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor saxydude
Occasional Contributor

Hi. The same thing just happened to my Netflix account. Optus has been billing this for a couple of years, Now suddenly it stopped. Why? I am not happy about this. I expect a call from a Customer Service Representative tomorrow! Marco.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Davmas
Occasional Contributor

I copped the same thing this morning, with the cancellation effective as of today.

When I rang through to Optus Billing, I got transferred to supposely to the Perks team but instead to Commbank Awards.

What is going on?

I check on my latest bill and the charge for Netflix is there, on the bill as Content services.

Not happy at all.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Davmas
Occasional Contributor

Just tried calling Optus again and this time when I finally got through to looking like I was going to talk to a real person, I got what sound like someone in a car and then hung up on before they even spoke.

Now really really not happy, They need to fix their call centres, and move them back to Australia instead of overseas somewhere. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

The story so far... 30 mins on the phone with a DTV customer service rep. Despite having been billed for this service by Optus for nearly 2 years, she insisted that the subscription is directly with Netflix. It is not. It is on my Optus bill and it has been paid for the next month. I have asked for it to be escalated.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Hey @Davmas - thanks for reaching out to us. Terribly sorry to hear of your experience. Are you able to confirm your account details, full name and DOB via private message? 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Update 2. I am astounded that of the 3 people I have spoken/chatted with today about this issue, not one has any idea about this service. It's very simple; we were offered a free 3 month trial with Netflix through our Fetch. When the 3 month trial expired, we were given the option to continue and have the service billed as part of our Fetch service. This fee has appeared on our bill for the last couple of years and the service worked fine and all was well. Something happened at Optus in the last couple of days that screwed with this service!!! It is on my bill! It is paid in advance! I have paid for it! I am not getting it! This isn't rocket science people. And don't give me that crap that my subscription is directly with Netflix. It has always been billed by Optus through my Optus account. If I sound angry, it's because I am. I have lodged a formal complaint... i will wait the required 10 business days. if this is not resolved, the TIO is next. Ultimately, I guess it depends how much Optus wants to keep my business (Landline, Internet, Fetch, + 4 post paid mobile services). I'll provide an update in 10 days (or sooner if someone manages to sort it out).

0 Kudos