cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
jp928
Contributor
Contributor

Need to reboot fetch every time we use it.

Whenever I go to turn the fetch on from sleep I get nothing. If I let it go to sleep by itself, wont respond. If I put it in standby, it wont respond. Its on latest update. This has been going on for months now, its the second box. What does it take to get anything fixed in Optus?

Not happy John!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Tris

Re: Need to reboot fetch every time we use it.

I'm really sorry you're having trouble again, first thing I'd suggest trying is a factory reset. This can be done via the menu. Head to Manage > Settings > Device Info > Options > Factory Settings. Just so you know, this will delete any recordings as well as removing any settings such as WiFi networks. Should you still be having the same problem after that point we may need to organise a warranty replacement. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
jp928
Contributor
Contributor

One- its a PITA to redefine all the setup again on a factory reset. Two - losing recordings AGAIN!!! A replacement would be the third box - you dont seem to have any idea whats going on. Really hardly wirth having - only good thing is its free with NBN and landline I suppose. Will try a reset, but not happy.

Why do I have to search for this thread when replying - why cant it go straight here when I click on Reply???? Its now on page 3!

john

0 Kudos
jp928
Contributor
Contributor

Did a factory reset, reloaded all the set up stuff 26/6 . 24 hrs later it went unresponsive from sleep. Its on version 2.19 software. I dont want another replacement until I know this is fixed - did anybody do any testing on the one I returned last time??? I never heard back from that exercise.

john very frustrated

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmm, what's the model number of your Fetch STB @jp928? Is it the M616T or an earlier make?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
jp928
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, M616T. Watched a bit over lunch, put it in standby, unresponsive again now.

john

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Okay, thanks for that. Before we decide what steps to take next, I'll reach out to our TV & Content team and confirm whether we've received similar complaints of late. Once I've received a response, I'll post back here. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
jp928
Contributor
Contributor

Nothing to report in a month??

It worked fine for 4-5 days recently - recovered from standby OK. Now its back to no response. I know when its broken because it has blue and red LEDs lit - if only the blue is lit its OK.

Also, when I reboot it, as its starting it says on screen that its going into standby, and I have to press a key to stop it going into standby - whats the logic of that please? Doesnt make sense to me.....

thanks

john

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @jp928, I'm sorry that there haven't been any updates on this one. Dan isn't available at the moment but if you could please send me a private message with the below details, I'll get the TV & Content team to check out your specific set up.

Full Name:
DOB:
Account Number:
Are You The Primary Account Holder: Yes/No

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
SEE
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hey buddy I'm just about to get my third box. Ours works but same as other boxes constantly has streaming issues. Internet strong and wifi box is 3 meters away. Just rubbish boxes I believe. 

0 Kudos