Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
happysad
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

NIGHTMARE fetch tv activation and old box and old modem return

Having just moved from optus cable to optus nbn, optus seem incapable of:

1) activating the new settop box (telling me its already activated, when it isn't GRRRRRRRRRR)

a screen keeps coming up telling to restart and retry in 3 minutes... an endless loop driving me to near-suicide.

2) not telling me how to send back the old cable modem and old fetch box

3) I get sent on an endless merry go when I ring up , from tech support to billing, to a 1/2 hour wait then disconnection, multiple times.

Any help would be appreciated.

I've plugged the old fetch box back in in the meantime - it still works.

happysad

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kartika

Re: NIGHTMARE fetch tv activation and old box and old modem return

Really sorry to hear about your new Fetch box activation issue @happysad and your experience so far. With regards to old modem and Fetch box you will receive a pre-addressed return satchel separately in mail. Apologies, If you haven't receive it then we can definitely arrange another one.

On the other hand with regards to the Fetch service it definitely seems like an activation issue with your new box from our side. We need to look into the account to assist you further. However since this is a public forum we can`t access customers account details here. As such your best to contact us via Social media by  sending a private message to Optus on Facebook or a direct message on Twitter with the details to help you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
happysad
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Kartika

unfortunately I am too old to use twitter or facebook

is there an alternative?

Hapysad

0 Kudos
Kartika

You`re welcome @happysad. In that case you can contact us via the → messaging service.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors