Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
TimSchofield
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN Connection Help

3 weeks ago I went into an Optus store to get my NBN set up as I have been living with basically unusable internet since moving into my building and NBN has just been made available here.  The person in the store searched my address, said it was all good to go and would take up to 5 days to get connected as they would have to send me out a new modem.

I still have an NBN modem from a prior address so I asked through the web chat a couple of days later if I could used that and they said I could, But a tech had to come out and connect something up in my building.  Then I got a phonecall from someone telling me the tech didn't need to come out and that I just needed a self installation kit sent and they would arrange that.  A week later I hadn't seen the self installation kit so sent a message via the webchat to ask where it was.  They said that I didn't need it as a tech needed to come to my apartment and booked one for me for the following Thursday.

Anyway, That tech didn't come so I asked and they rebooked it, Then the next tech didn't come.

Then when I ask a few days later what is happening I'm told that the NBN is connected and I just need to connect the modem.  I connect my modem and am still on 1.6mb up and .5mb down.

When I track my NBN order through the app it tells me my connection is still awaiting activation and if I am having issues to call or message on the app.

I have tried doing both of those things and don't get a response on the phone, The app puts me in a queue in which it takes 24 hours to reply and when it does they tell me I need to ring a number that doesn't get answered.

I really don't know what else to do as I don't seem to be getting any type of response.

Does anyone have any ideas as to avenues I can go down?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: NBN Connection Help

@TimSchofield wrote:

I connect my modem and am still on 1.6mb up and .5mb down.

When I track my NBN order through the app it tells me my connection is still awaiting activation

Based on the above, and if you have this modem  you are most likely using the 4G backup.

Your internet connection will not be full speed until you get a notification SMS/email from Optus that your connection has been activated. All you can do is keep trying to contact Optus.

If you are on 4G backup, try re-positioning the router to get a better 4G signal, maybe you can get batter data rates in the meantime.

0 Kudos
Aron_YC

Re: NBN Connection Help

Hey TimSchofield, 

Please contact Optus directly on 133 937 during these hours.

Hold the line, don't press 1, keep on the line follow the prompts and you'll reach the team who can action this for you.

If you don't want to call, you can message our Social Media Team via  Facebook or Twitter they have a point of escalation for the following urgent enquiries:

-No Broadband connectivity (no access to the internet) 

-No Mobile connectivity (can't make or receive calls) 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos