cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
DianeB
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: My media hub won't recognise USB drive?

We were updated to the new Fetch box. When I plugged in the USB the internet disconnected (didnt realize at the time this is what disconnected the line). After about 40 min and soft restarts with Optus ..just gave up. The one thing I thought of the next morning is the USB was the only thing different that I did that day. Unplugged it and the box connected. Now to get the USB working. Just tapped the  back button for a while and then a notice came up that said push the BLUE button for USB. I did and the USB worked (net was now off) Push again and the net was also connected. No one at Optus seems to know this trick???????

Not sure of the order but the BLUE button is your answer!!!!Woman Embarassed

Stumpy208
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am also having the same problem, I've only had fetch tv for a couple of months and all is fine other than I can't watch anything from my USB. I have tried all options available to no avail, do I need to return the box for a new one or is there a work around?

0 Kudos
AlexRH
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Heya @Stumpy208, I've just replied to your PM 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Phoenix41
New Contributor
New Contributor

Does anyone have a clue which partition formats are acceptable by the Fetch device? Tried exFAT.. didn't work.
0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

@Phoenix41 My NTFS drives work with no issues (although it's a huge drive and often takes a couple of minutes to load). Check out this quick start guide, there's some information about HDD formats on page 9.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
vikuty
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi 

Can you share the solution if there is one? I'm using a Mighty Fetch box which used to be able to read USBs with no problems but it won't read any now. Is there a work around?

Thanks

0 Kudos
chloesok
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hey @vikuty - I can see that Tris identified that in this case there was an issue with the actual Fetch set top box. Did the HD that you're using work with your Fetch hardware in the past? Do you have another one you can use for further testing? If it's a fault with the hardware, we can sort out a replacement for you. 

0 Kudos
vikuty
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Chloesok

Thanks for the prompt response. Yeah, the drive worked perfectly in the Fetch box one day and then not at all the next but works fine in any other device. I've tried a few USB sticks as well and they will work intermittently but there's none that I can rely on 100%. Very strange indeed.

0 Kudos
Wesley-J
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Very odd to see if just stopped working out of nowhere but no worries, we can issue a Fetch Mighty replacement for you, vikuty. Please send us a private message, with your full name, DOB and service/account number so we can organise this for you. 🙂

0 Kudos
Top Contributors