Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
ronniee
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

My media hub won't recognise USB drive?

Is anyone else having problems with their FETCH TV not recognising their USB. I've never had any troubles before and now in the last week I have not been able to plug in a HDD and watch movies directly from it.

The Option for MY USB still shows on the screen with "My USB name" - I can arrow down to it but it is greyed out and no longer will bring up the name of the USB on the right side of the screen and won't let you select it at all.

I have tried restarting multiple times, factory reset twice and it still will not recognise my USB HDD anymore.
I never used to have any trouble with my HDD ever.
I have tried both USB ports with no success in either. Very frustrated.
Help??

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Tris

Re: My media hub won't recognise USB drive?

Hey ronniee, did that HD work with your Fetch hardware in the past? Do you have another one you can use for further testing? If it's a fault with the hardware, we can sort out a replacement no problem 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
ronniee
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

Yes it did previously work with that HDD and also others in the past. I have also tried another hard drive and plain USB drive also with no avail.

0 Kudos
Tris

Hmm, could be a problem with the STB itself mate 😞 I use the ports/My Media Hub all the time with my personal service, never had an issue. Have you recently formatted the HD at all? What file system are you using? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
ronniee
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I've not recently formatted at all 😞 it was literally working one day and taken out to put more files on and put back in and started to have all these problems 😞

I've previously used my mums fetch box for over a year with no trouble like this at all.My files range from mp4 to mkv and never had any trouble previoously playing them. I'm a Windows user. 

The problem doesn't go away with a factory reset or soft reset.

Do I need to give you guys a call on the phone to organise a replacement?

0 Kudos
Tris

Yeah, should be all fine going off what you've mentioned. I can organise a replacement no problems. Please send me a PM with your full name, username and DOB 

ronniee
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Okay I will do that. Would it cost any more per month to upgrade from the YES TV by Fetch to the YES TV by Fetch Mighty?

0 Kudos
Tris

There's no change in the access fee, there is a one off upgrade fee of $129 though. Alternatively you can re-contract to the My Entertainment Plus bundle

0 Kudos
ronniee
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I can't re-contract as I live in a share house with already set up internet, so this bundles in with my mobile phone per month. 

Would I be able to ask why the one off upgrade fee is so large? If I just got a replacement of the version I have I'm guessing there is no one-off payment. 

Would that one-off payment come out of my next bill?

0 Kudos
Tris

The fee just covers the cost to Optus to upgrade the hardware ronniee. In the case of a warranty replacement, there's no upgrade fee, you are provided with the same model though. I've got your PM now, so I'll get back to you there 

0 Kudos