Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

My Fetch TV Mighty digital tuner is faulty

My fetch Mighty works fine for about 10min but when it gets warm the tuner stops working. First the picture pixelates and eventually stops altogether. If I tune the Fetch whilst it is warm it finds no channels. If I turn it off and wait a hour and turn it back on and tune it it finds all channels but in 10 min it pixelates again.

I have called 133937 and get told to press 1 to message Optus. I have logged into the my optus app and placed the issue through a message. But today is day 5 awaiting some response.. Optus has asked 2-3 questions but so far no case number has been provided and no case is listed in the myoptus app.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: My Fetch TV Mighty digital tuner is faulty

Not a priority item at the moment.

Try not pressing 1 when you call. You'll go through to the queue and someone should pick up (sometimes soon usually a long time down.)

At this stage there's no diagnostics needed. Simply request a replacement Fetch be sent out and a return satchel with it. That should be easy to organise and Optus will do it for free. Stick a note on the old one saying "Faulty Tuner overheats after 10 minutes" and send that back when you can.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Maybe you should try "not pressing 1". You go into a que where it hangs up after 20 min every time. I did that about 20 times from assorted fixed lines and mobiles.

I have a Medium Business account with Optus (13 Mobiles, Evolve Voice, and 4 x NBN internets). I called 134315 for business support. Optus Business Support also tried both internal and externally calling and he also got dropped after 20 min.

As the general manager of an IT company, My clients are saying that they have sent their staff to work from home and that many are having Optus NBN problems and simply cant work from home and cant get through to Optus for support.

The Business support team suggest emailing the hidden, however that was respond to by suggesting calling 133343. I asked if there was an email address for the Consumer product support team and was told that there isn't one.

I then visited the Optus store. I waited in a line and eventually was told by the staff there that they also could not get through on the number. they tried several times. The best they could do was to send an email to their up line.

Fetch... I understand that there is no diagnostic. I would tell someone I need a replacement if there was some way to do so... (I have resolved this issue in the past 10 min as my 5 day old message was finally answered in the MYOptus app).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

So success!

Yes Optus is in disarray at the moment. I suspect a lot of businesses will be evaluating how they move forward after this (I don't think a pandemic was in anyone's plans really). Optus has been particularly hard hit due to its heavy reliance on offshore support, its technical portals not being up to task and its policy decisions to make resolving a lot of these simple issues (replacement box, upgrade plan, cancel plane, etc.) fairly inaccessible to maximise revenue.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors