cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor dtimmins
Occasional Contributor

My Fetch Box has a critical error

hi, i have not used my fetch set top box for over 18 months as i have been doing renovations and had no internet connection for it. i have been paying for my account during this time as it is an internet bundle . i tried to re connect my tv to the box last night and it came up with a critical error, turn off and try again , if problem persists contact your carrier....... there are no numbers to call . i need to know if i need a new box or what the problem may be. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: critical error

Try a hard reset

If it doesn't work request a new box (Optus will send one out for free as well as a return satchel)

Make sure it has an internet connection available

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi , i may have a generation 1 model. how do i find out what i have?
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Gen1? 18 months you say? Sounds likely its been deactivated a long time ago. Optus should send out a newer model for free on request so long as you are on a current plan.

Read here for more info

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

yes i have a current plan with optus , i have been paying for the entertainment bundle the whole time i have not been using it. i have resorted to watching live tv and netflix on my iphone
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

i have a gen 2, but on my bill it says fetch mighty and according the pic on the link you sent me from internode the mighty has a different remote. mine is still the big fat oval shape remote, not the skinny rectangle remote.
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Don't worry about the remotes (they change around) - The internode link was only to show the hard reset process.

If its not a GEN1 then as mentioned just request a replacement be sent out. Optus should take care of it all. 

When you say Entertainment Bundle are you refering to all the FetchTV extra channels that cost around $30 a month? The general FetchTV unit is normally included in the Optus Plans for free (whether you use it or not). If you were paying for the Entertainment Package then you probably should have cancelled that.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

thanks for your help, i got on to them today and they are sending out a new box for me. should have it in a couple of days.