Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Anonymous
Not applicable

My FTA Channels have disappeared

Hi Folks,

Needing your help.

Whilst watching one of the FTA channels, the STB froze.  I then went ahead to rebood my Fetch Mighty STB hoping that would solve my problem.  But then I got a blank screen for all of my FTA channels.  So from there, I went to manage settings and did another reboot from that menu hoping that would solve it and after rebooting, nothing.  The only channels were my internet TV channels such as CNN.

So again, I went to the settings and this time I did a FTA channel scan and it found 0 channels!

I repeated the reboot and rescan of the channels to no avail.

Is any one else having the same problem with this?  I already contacted techical support and all they can do is escalate it to their 2nd level support team which I was told that they will contact me in 3-4 business days after they raised a trouble ticket for my incident.

If any one can help, I would really appreciate it.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: My FTA Channels have disappeared

Hey @Anonymous - thanks for the rundown!

Is there another TV in another room that has an antenna connection, you could connect your device to? 

Do you have a spare Aerial Cable you could use? 

If not, can you please provide me with your fault ticket? I'll take a look 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Sounds like the FTA tuners might have blown. Easiest way to confirm is just take the boc to a friend or family and try scan for FTAs channels their. If you find some the issue is your antenna, if not its the Fetch box.

The Box is leased so if you do confirm a problem just request a change over and they'll send out a new one and arrange a replacement.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou Peter, I have sent email through to FetchTV support suggesting a faulty TV tuner that could be causing the problem.  This is probably the 4th time that this has happened.  It takes me 4-5 times in succession to restart the set top box and rescan the tv channels before the channels come back.

0 Kudos