Searching...

Multiroom

Trapaldo

I have Optus Fetch Mighty as part of a bundle. I have had this for one year. In December 2018 I ordered a Fetch Mini to be able to use Multiroom and stream recordings to the Mini from the Mighty.

After a month of phone calls, I am now told that Multiroom does not work as there is an upgrade happening moving from an old platform to a new platform. No indication of when this will be completed was provided.

Does anyone know if this is true and does anyone have the same issue?

Re: Multiroom

Jeneral__Pain

Yes they are platform migrating their billing side.

https://www.fetchtv.com.au/pdf/Multiroom_user_guide.pdf shows you can do this, are both boxes activated on the same Optus account?

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

Trapaldo

When I received my Mini, it activated with the code but Multiroom did not work. We eventually worked out they were on different accounts. Optus said they would send a new mini on the same account but then said they could deactivate the mini and reactivate on the same account. I have been waiting nearly 2 weeks for this to happen but on a phone call yesterday Optus said that even if they activate it (which will take another 5 days) I cant use Multiroom due to the platform migration issue.

Would migrating the billing platform affect use of Multiroom?

On my main Optus Account, the Mini is now appearing as a new contract, just that it is not active yet.

Jeneral__Pain

The billing migration would be causing issues for sure then. Because moving the device between accounts would likely cause the problem. For example, if your Fetch Mighty is on account 123456 on platform A but then your fetch mini is on account 654321 on platform B they won't be linked together in Optus' systems. 

Sadly there is no quick fix to this problem which I'm going to admit, sucks big time.

Your best bet, fill out a complaint form and refer it to complaints to manage the situation... www.optus.com.au/complaints

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
47 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
11 Kudos
11 Kudos