Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Multiroom Fetch Mighty and Fetch Mini

Hi.

I have a Fetch Mighty STB and a Mini STB.

The Mighty was taken out linked to my NBN broadband service with Optus.

The Mini was taken out with my Mobile Phone contract with Optus.

The Mighty is in the Man Cave (for recording EPL on Optus Sport) and the Mini is in the main living room.

I have been trying to link via Multiroom settings on both boxes but I cannot seem to find the other box when searching function selected. Having read some posts on forums it seems that the problem may be due to the two Fetch TV services being from different Optus services, if you get my drift? Is there an easier way to link the boxes rather than have to call Optus. I never seem to be home when the Optus call centre are working and the after hours just keep me on hold for what seems like eternity. Any quick fixes anyone?

nb. All Optus services are registered in the same name at the same address. I receive one bill each month from Optus.

11 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Multiroom Fetch Mighty and Fetch Mini

Hey Trailseeker 🙂 

We can certainly arrange that for you if you'd like to PM through your account details (username/ phone number/ account number) as well as your full name and date of birth so we can make the change.

Cheers.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Just did the same thing, got the MINI on my mobile plan thinking it would automatically talk to the  the Fetch TV on the broadband account, only to find out I need to move the MINI to the broadband account and be charged 100% more per month.

I was really disappoint as the extra $5 does add up and I believe I have been misled.

I ended up haveing to return the MINI.

Subsequently found out that iinet only charge $5 a month and and not $10 as Optus does.

I lesson learnt to shop around.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in exactly the same boat and want to multiroom my mini and mighty. Is it true you need to pay $10/m if the mini is transferred from the mobile account to the NBN account?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @Griffo17, sorry for the long wait for a response to your post. Yes, if you move your Fetch Mini to your NBN service it'll be charged at $10 per month as per our current pricing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I was told by one of your staff members that you could only do multiroom from one mighty to another (mighty-mighty) or one mini to another (mini-mini), you couldn't do a mighty to a mini (as I wanted to do).did he lie to me?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello,

I am having the same issue having Mighty that comes with nbn and Mini on mobile account.

Can someone from optus help me link the accounts so that I can use multiroom feature?

Rgds,

T

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@Thant, I'm happy to try and help 🙂

Now, at this time you have a Fetch Mighty set top box linked to your NBN account and a Fetch mini STB linked to your mobile account?

To share content, note the following:

• All boxes must be on the same Fetch account (up to three set top boxes are allowed per account)
  • Multiroom works on Mighty, Mini and Gen 2 Fetch boxes connected to the same local network (either via Ethernet or WiFi) and attached to the same account
  • You can't mix Fetch boxes with a box from another Fetch TV service provider. All set top boxes must be with Optus and linked to the same service

We might need to transfer one Fetch service from either your NBN or mobile account and link them up. 

I'd try our Live Chat team Optus.com.au/livechat. Advise the agent that you wish to take advantage of Fetch multi-room. Explain that the Fetch STB's are linked to two separate accounts. They should be able to perform the consolidation for you.

If you run into any issues, post back here and we'll gladly help out. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes .. Mighty linked to nbn and Mini linked to mobile account.

I have got that sorted by calling optus Fetch tech.

Thank you for your help anyways.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Ah, no stress 🙂 I'm glad they got this one sorted out.

If any other questions come up, let us know.

Have a great night! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors