cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Movies Won't Play on Fetch TV

I'm not able to add them at all sorry Kurgan, but I'm happy to apply a $10 credit to the account to offset the charge for the purchase of a movie. If, when you get the new Fetch TV, the credit is still on the account, as I expect it may be, then this $10 credit would be in addition to that. Is that OK with you? 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Kurgan
Occasional Contributor

Fine by me. Thanks Shae.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

No probs, the $10 has been applied and will show on your account online in the next few days - Shae

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Sire
Occasional Contributor

Actually, I'm having the very same problem. Does that mean I have to get a new modem? Can't see what the modem has to do with it though?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sire,

Installing the Optus modem definitely fixed my problems, although I have no idea why. I've come across a few references that seem to suggest that the Fetch Box can only work in conjunction with the Optus modem, but it's nothing but conjecture. If this is the case though, Optus probably needs to let its customers know about it as it's pretty frustrating.

I'm still having the occasional drop out problem and my broadband speed seems to fluctuate wildly for no particular reason, but the Fetch services has been working reasonably well since I got the new modem.

Best of luck getting it fixed mate.

Kurgan

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I've been chatting with the tech guys, done several resets and one has even said I should get a quad shield cable. Dunno why as thats more for tv reception than anything to do with the internet. Anyway I installed that and wasn't at all surprised that it didn't work.

I'm sure it's a box issue though becaue even though I can't watch catcup 7 or 10 (streaming issue error) catchup 2 and SBS works fine. So why would it stream for 2 channels and not the other one???

Also can't watch movies or sport because of streaming issues. Really weird.

Tech made me reset it one more time. Said will ring back in 20 and if still doesn't work will send me new box.

Thanks for your reply

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yeah, it sounds like you're experiencing the same problem I did and Optus went through the same proceedure with me. It's not the box, it's the modem.

Maybe if you start a new post someone from Optus will pick up on it and just send you a new modem. Hopefully that will sort it out.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

Hey Sire, how is the Yes TV by Fetch box connecting to the modem? Is it via powerline adaptors or a direct Ethernet cable? Or do you have a newer box with WiFi? Are all other devices connecting to the internet fine when the box has problems?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I've connected it via the powerline adaptors and when that didn't work I took it to the other room and conneted it directly to the router. That didn't work either.

They're going to send me out another modem. Hopefully that will work.

Peter

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Peter did you receive the replacement modem? Just curious if that has resolved the issue. Also have you tried a different HDMI port on the TV? My TV had a faulty HDMI port, I swapped out the Chromecast and the Fetch STB worked fine. 

0 Kudos