cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Kurgan
Occasional Contributor

Re: Movies Won't Play on Fetch TV

Thanks for that. I will let you know how it goes.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jax,

Unfortunately, there has been no sign of this modem turning up as yet. Perhaps you could check to make sure that it's been sent, please?

I noticed that the EPL channels are now up. I tried to access one, but got the message 'check internet connection'. Checked the connection - the box said it was fine. Went and watched a movie on SBS catch up just after trying to watch the EPL channel and it worked fine.

Also noticed that Youtube won't play content either.

0 Kudos
Moderator Tris

That's weird! I can see where Jax had sent a request for one 😞 I'll raise a manual order right away to get one out. Just in regards to the Optus Sport channel issue, might be something that needs to be logged. I've got one or two similar examples, we're just wanting on an escalation process

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

So, the Optus modem arrived today - many thanks to both Tris and Jax for sorting that out for me. Much appreciated.

I got the modem up and running and the Fetch TV has come to life. I can now get full access to the movies, Youtube and the Sport channels, which is brilliant.

The only complaint I have is that the sound quality on the movie I tested (Ice Age 3) was poor - the TV was cranked up to 63% just to make it audible. Not sure if this is normal, but I don't suppose it's a big problem.

At any rate, now that I am up and running, I have two questions. Firstly, can I please have my movie credits reinstated? Also, can I go back to using the original Fetch TV box as the one that I am currently using, which was sent out to replace the first one, is pretty scabby. I can provide serial numbers if that helps - I assume that it would need reactivated or something.

Thanks again to everyone that helped out with this matter. I have no idea quite why the Fetch TV would work with one modem, and not the other, but maybe it would be an idea to make customers aware of this? That said, I get the sinking feeling that I am probably the only one to have suffered this particular problem, which is fairly typical for me... 😞

Cheers,

Kurgan

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Glad to hear it's all working now 🙂 Can I ask what the issue is with the current Fetch TV is? Normally you'd need to send the old Fetch back to us if it's been replaced under warranty, did we ask you to return it to us or was the new box from somewhere else? Usually the Fetch TV needs to go back to the factory to be unlocked and repaired, there wouldn't be an option to access the old Fetch TV moving forward.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shae,

Thanks for responding. The current Fetch TV has obviously been reconditioned or previously sent back to the factory, as it has quite a few scratches etc on it, plus some odd sticky marks. The original box, which I have been holding on to until the problem was resolved (just in unlikely event that the problem was related to the box) is brand new. Obviously, I'd prefer to have the brand new one.

Now that the problem has been isolated to the modem, I would assume that the original box was working properly, so was hoping that it could just be re set and reactivated - does it necessarily have to be returned in order for this to happen?

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Once the new device is sent, your previous device is de-activated and my understanding is that it's unusable until it's been returned to the warehouse and unlocked. I'm happy to have a look at a few options with the Fetch TV on Monday and have a chat with you then if you'd like?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

That sounds fine. Thanks Shae.

In the meantime, I'd appreciate it if my movie credits could be reinstated, please.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Hey Kurgan, can I ask how many movie credits you had before they were lost?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Just the one, Shae. Feel free to add more 🙂

0 Kudos