cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Jubin
New Contributor

Monthly bill after contract period served

Hi,

I have already served a 2-yr contract with optus in relation to my home entertainment bundle paying a monthly bill of $105. Plus I have opted for knowledge pack ($6), Indian Hindi pack ($15) and then I pay for my netflix plan ($15 per month). With all of these my total payment reaches $136 per month which I feel is too much. 

Now that I have already paid off my fetch box in two year period, should my bill not reduce or is there a way to get it done. Why I'm asking is because I see my friends getting away paying around $60-70 per month for the same services from another options available in the market. Should I simply switch to those or is it something I'm missing onto which I cud get fixed without looking forward to cancelling my account?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Monthly bill after contract period served

With Optus you never own the fetch box, you rent/lease it (so has to go back to Optus if you leave)

As your out of your 2 year contract yourr free to choose another plan, you will remain on your plan you are on until you either move yourself to a new one or Optus withdraws that plan.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Monthly bill after contract period served

As mentioned by @Paddylee you don't/can't own the Fetch box (Optus don't make this sufficiently clear). As an option you can buy a Fetch box outright from say jbhifi. That one you own and you can buy the same packs directly from Fetch. You lose any Optus bonus (like a free pack) but the cost is set.

Hindi Channels and Netflix cost $15 each so that's seperate from Optus. I'm pretty sure your friends are not getting what you are getting for $60. There may be things you don't use (like unlimited data, free sports, nat geo, free netflix streaming etc.) but you need to look at you package as a whole and there may be better deals suited to your needs.

Are you on the NBN yet?

As an option, grab a mighty box as above for $270 and add in your packs and Netflix. That's a seperate cost from any ISP deal you want. Now look to an internet plan that covers the rest of your needs / budget. As you are month to month you are a free agent. 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors