Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Kencho
New Contributor
New Contributor

Model M605T crash on update

I have a old model M605t and on update 2.26.3 Litchfield it crashed, in a constant loop and crashed the home network My computer antivirus stated there was a ARP attack however when investigated no apparent attack but the IP address had changed and duplicated another on the same network

I had to reset the network, isolate the Fetch box and finally after repeatedly restarting stating there was either a critical data or hardware failure it finally booted up successfully and have since performed a factory reset and it seems to be working

My question is will this happen again at the next update as it was a real pain to fix also this box is old and is not 4k compliant and missing apps is a new one the best option

Thanks 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kristy_YC

Re: Model M605T crash on update

Hi there. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This seems to be a very specific issue. In this case, we might need to get this raised for you so a Team Member can take a closer look. 

For us to get this arranged for you, please send us a Private Message either on Facebook or Twitter. 

Regarding our next update, we are not too sure if this will happen again but we've passed your experience onto our relevant team to review. 

0 Kudos
Kencho
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Model M605T crash on update

Thank you for your quick response I will try to find the Twitter account to send a private message. Even though its now working fine I am a little reluctant to include it in the network until I know there will not be a repeat crash on the next upgrade as I do not know when these may occur

I'm sure you are right regarding a specific issue with this box however as it is now working and all the checks are OK the fault may not be revealed until the next upgrade and I'm not sure I want to risk a repeat of the crash so it would be good to get some help and suggestions from an Optus Team member

Thanks for your time and attention to this issue

0 Kudos