Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
Occasional Contributor Cameron1391
Occasional Contributor

Missing free to air channels on Fetch Tv

Hello,

our fetch tv works fine with pay channels on entertainment pack and some (but not all) free to air channels.

we have channels such as  7 / 7 2 , sbs 1 and 2, food network,  7 mate, every other rendition of channel 7, NITV but not  Channel 10, Channel 9, or ABC 1, 2, 3 and News 24, 11, Go!, and the rest.

When I have TV through Fetch TV it plays the channels listed but not all. I'd be happy to know if somebody can show me how to get all of the free to air channels working on it properly as we have the TV arial plugged in to the box . along with the Fetch TV arial. 🙂

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Contributor FetchTVSupport
Contributor

Re: Missing free to air channels on Fetch Tv

Hi Cameron

Sometimes you need to do a couple of channel scans to pick up all available channels.  To do this go to menu > manage> settings > channels > full channel scan. 

Let us know if you continue to have issues.

Cheers

Sue

Fetch TV Support

Occasional Contributor allde
Occasional Contributor

I had a similar problem, My Fetch Tv wouldn't pick up any stations affiliated to channel 7, I tried several times to scan for the stations, alas no luck.

I solved the problem by updating the coaxial antenna cable, purchased one with better sheilding, so from the wall to the fetch tv was new cable, rescanned, got all the stations I was missing.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Cameron1391
Occasional Contributor

I also solved this problem, but by doing a channel scan several times until all of the channels came back! It usually took about 3 goes.

Thanks for the help guys!

0 Kudos
New Contributor JnD
New Contributor

I have done at least 10 scans and can't get channel 2 or 10. Any more suggestions?

0 Kudos
New Contributor CommonSense
New Contributor

Hi sorry I can't help but just letting you know you're not on your own - since installing Fetch I cannot get any ABC stations (since November, have just given up) and whilst happily watching Channel up until last week it has disappeared on me since - and can't get it back..., tried re-scanning (have lost other channels previously prior to this but they've come back by themselves)...??

Given all the other posts it appears there is an endemic problem with the way the whole things works - clearly not location based, certainly not same provider based (and I'm with Optus) - so looks to me like an endemic problem with the technology that can be randomly fixed by doing any number of re-scans until the TV gods restore the service - good luck! (I know not helpful)...

What would be helpful if Optus could investigate the problem thoroughly and provide a permanent fix, new firmware?? Or if this is actually a limitation of the device tell us that so we can consider alternative choices - thanks.

0 Kudos
New Contributor JnD
New Contributor

Yes. Hello Optus. Help.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

We would need to investigate these case by case. You can raise an investigation directly with our TV & Content team here → Report a problem with TV or Content.

They'll want to run through troubleshooting so be sure to mention all the tests you've already done to speed up the process.

Hope this helps, let us know how you go. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor CommonSense
New Contributor

Thanks for the link, will look into it - just a pain to have to chase something that clearly appears to be an endemic problem and to be honest - I have much better things to do than track down technical issues that shouldn't exist (being nice here), so I may or may not take the time to 'log a fault' as it goes into the too hard basket sometimes and it's times like this that make you question whther you're with the right carrier or not and can easily be driven by frustration to just jump ship...  😞

Will so how it goes and progress from there - thanks for the followup....

0 Kudos
New Contributor Royalspatown
New Contributor

We too seem to have made the mistake of leaving Foxtel (who we had no problems with for years) and switching to Fetch. We were sent our original box...no FTA channels. After lengthy calls to tech support we were told there were issues with some of the STB's. We were sent a replacement...plugged in and we still have the same problem. More calls to the tech support...and told the issues seem to be only with the mighty box...offered solution, we could have a mini box at $10 per month. Disgusting customer service. Why should we pay for a solution to an Optus tech problem. There doesn't seem to be an Optus fix on the horizon any time soon.

So come on Optus, surely you shouldn't be selling a faulty product, at least certainly not one that you don't explain the potential of an issue at the time of sale...what is your solution? This isn't an isolated issue having seen so many complaints online about it.

I'm sure the ofice of fair trade would like to look into this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Top Contributors