cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Missing free to air channels on Fetch Tv

Apologies for the delay, @Royalspatown. I'm really sorry to hear about the difficulties you've faced with your Yes TV by Fetch STB. Has this been resolved since posting? If not, can I ask if your Fetch box is connected to the antenna input? To give me a better idea so to how we can assist, are you receiving any error messages? If so, please let me know. In addition to the above, here's a handy ​​​​​​​link to our support page, which covers some basic troubleshooting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor BillyBaroo
Occasional Contributor

So I've had three fetch mighty boxes in the last few months and all receive NO free to air channels.

Each time I've spoken to Optus support I've been told ...
  This is a known problem with the fetch mighty. A firmware update is 'imminent'

I've pushed for a replacement, twice. All don't work.

Just in case, I had a new aerial professionally installed.
I've done countless re-scans.
All TVs in our house work fine, including one that uses the same aerial point the fetch would use.

My parents have a non-Optus fetch mighty which works fine. Imagine the ruckus if someone bought one from a retail store, took it home, and it didn't work. Why is getting one through Optus any different?

I'm a programmer myself, and when something used to work but now doesn't.. We check what's changed in the code and fix it. It doesn't take months, especially for problems that affect so many.

Come on Optus. This is nowhere near good enough.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor BillyBaroo
Occasional Contributor

Given this discussion is marked as 'solved', I've raised a new one:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment/No-free-to-air-channels-on-Fetch-Mighty/m-p/356198...

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @Billbaroo,

We've actually replied back to the new thread → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment/No-free-to-air-channels-on-Fetch-Mighty/m-p/356198.... Given how many Fetch set top boxes you've now been through, it'd really be in the best interesting of our customers as well as us to get this resolved ASAP.

I can't promise that we'll see an immediate resolution but based on Hannah's response, it looks like we're completing some testing that should help point us in the right direction towards a permanent fix. Thanks for your patience with all of this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Kettlebell_dave
New Contributor

We've just moved house. We had zero problems in our previous house with this issue but for some reason we cannot watch any free to air channels even though when scanned it picks up some (not all) of the FTA channels.

When selected to watch a FTA channel it simply stays in the "loading" phase and nothin eventuates.

Sometimes we cannot watch the paid channels either. Only Netflix works 

Is this a cable issue?

Is this a fetch set top box issue?

Is it a location issue?

Is it a house wall socket connection issue?

Any help would be great 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hey @Kettlebell_dave, there could be a number of reasons why this is occurring - do you currently have your Fetch STB plugged into an aerial point for the signal?

If you do still need further assistance, please get in touch with our Faults team here so we can take a closer look 🙂

You can also check out our Troubleshooting Guide which is available here.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Kettlebell_dave
New Contributor

Hi,

Yes the STB is plugged into the aerial walk socket 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Thanks for clarifying 🙂

Definitely recommend raising it with us on the link I've provided so that we can follow this up for you! 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Dbidea
New Contributor

Just wonder any of discussion here has been solve? I am here also having same issue. Call Optus the waiting time is at least 45 mins or longer then nothing done (lot of transfer and keep repeating myself and nothing done.) Same is online  chat nothing all oveee again. My recommendation contact or complain to the Ombudsman.

0 Kudos
Moderator Ev_

Hi @Dbidea, have you tried getting this raised with our TV & Content team via our online faults page? If you have a fault reference number, please feel free to send it through to us via PM and we can chase this up with them for you.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors