Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Mini Fetch failed

Impossible to watch EPL or any catch up TV. Constant freezing.
I have very good line speed (48MBPS).
Soft reset doesn't work.
Hard reset appears to be identical. Also doesn't work.
What junk!
Instead of constantly asking how you are doing OPTUS, how about providing support?
There is not even a hint of customer service.
Truly awful.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Mini Fetch failed

Unless you suspect a few 100,000 other households also get nothing (and don't complain) then the issue is more likely at your end.

On the device you are watching can you also watch live HD you tube without issue? You can also sign into the EPL on a PC at home. Does that have these issues.?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm not sure what you mean petergdownload? I do believe the problem is at my end!
PC and Android phones have no trouble steaming to smart TV via Chromecast. Smart TV also ok with YouTube. Mini Fetch also OK with YouTube.
But everything on catch up TV and EPL freezes when using Mini Fetch. Hence I think either the Fetch box has a hardware or software problem. The Fetch box is over 3 years old, so maybe it's low grade electronics with an all too familiar durability problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

So we're in agreement. I'm only pointing out that it works for thousands of others without issue which means you should be able to remedy the situation pretty easily.

The Fetch Box is generally leased so if its not working properly get Optus to send out a replacement. Ask for a return satchel for the faulty one as well.

0 Kudos