cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

M616T requires Optus internet connection ?

Hi there - I am currently an Optus mobile customer and am interested in getting the fetch tv service for the knowledge package. I have a friend who is getting rid off his fetch box (M616T), however he has informed me that I need to have a optus internet connection for it to work ? Is this true ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: M616T requires Optus internet connection ?

Hi @kevlai09 

It's not necessary to have an Optus connection to use the Fetch service, although if you had internet with someone else (such as Telstra), then you would need to check with that provider whether they meter the Fetch data.  Of course if you have an Unlimited data service then it doesn't really matter I guess.

Keep in mind that if your friend got the Fetch box from Optus as part of a bundle, that Optus owns the set top box and your friend will be charged for not returning it if they have cancelled their broadband service.  If it was purchased at a retail store such as Harvey Norman, then this doesn't apply as they own the box outright.

Spoiler
Please note that I am not employed by Optus and as such any views are my own and the information provided is (at best) general only. It does not take into account your dreams, aspirations or financial circumstances.

---

Please note that I am not employed by Optus and as such any views are my own and the information provided is (at best) general only and does not take into account your dreams, aspirations or financial circumstances.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, so if my friend received the fetch box from Optus as a bundle - and regardless that he gets charged. Is it true that I'm still not able to use this box - as I don't have a fetch subscription?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

So you could use a friends box because your friend would have some sort of subscription included with their plan. However your friend would need to return the box should they cancel their Optus service, or change plan to one which doesn’t include the Fetch service.

---

Please note that I am not employed by Optus and as such any views are my own and the information provided is (at best) general only and does not take into account your dreams, aspirations or financial circumstances.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @kevlai09, if your friend has a Fetch box through us on a bundle and he does not want it any more then yes he has to return it back to us as the box belongs to us. Your friends will have to cancel the fetch service with us so that he is not billed. When this happens that particular box will stop working as well.

You can order a new fetch service linked to your post-paid mobile with us instead. Just speak with our sales team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on 133937 - Mon - Fri: 8am - 9pm, Sat: 9am - 7pm, Sun: 9am - 6pm, AEST to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos