Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
flymetothemoon
New Contributor
New Contributor

Loss of wifi option for Fetch TV set top box

My set top box has lost connection to my wifi network.  I have no problems with other devices connecting to the wifi, including another set top box.

When I go into network settings, there is no IP address listed and the option to connect via wifi is not visible (as it is on my other box).  

Any suggestions how I get the wifi option back?  I have powered down, changed HDMI cable, ethernet cable from gateway to box, and re-booted router.  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Loss of wifi option for Fetch TV set top box

Try a soft or hard reset (note a hard reset will erase recordings)

How to Soft Reset the Fetch set top box Using the Fetch Remote Control:

1. Turn your Fetch set top box off, and wait 30 seconds before turning it on again.
  2. When the set top box is starting up - during the first two minutes of loading - press the coloured buttons on your remote control in order: 
    Buttons to push in order to reset the Fetch set top box
  3. Continue pressing these buttons in order until the REM/REC light on the front of the set top box starts flashing red (usually shortly after the screen turns off and on). The set top box will then reboot.
  4. You will need to reactivate your Fetch set top box by entering your activation code and rescanning channels.

Using the Fetch Menu:

1. Press the menu button (paw button on older remote controls) on your remote control to access the Fetch menu.
  2. Use the arrow buttons to navigate to Manage.
  3. Press the menu button on the remote control to select Settings.
  4. Use the arrow buttons to navigate to Device Info. Press the down arrow to navigate to Restart Interface or Restart STB, then press the menu button. The set top box will then reboot.

How to Hard Reset the Fetch set top box

WARNING:
A HARD RESET WILL DELETE ALL YOUR RECORDINGS (IF SUPPORTED BY YOUR SET TOP BOX) AND VIDEO-ON-DEMAND CONTENT

Using the Fetch Remote Control:

1. Turn your Fetch set top box off, and wait 30 seconds before turning it on again.
  2. When the set top box is starting up - during the first two minutes of loading - press the coloured buttons on your remote control in order: 
    Buttons to push, in order, to reset the Fetch set top box
  3. Continue pressing these buttons in order until the REM/REC light on the front of the set top box starts flashing red (usually shortly after the screen turns off and on). The set top box will then reboot.
  4. You will need to reactivate your Fetch set top box by entering your activation code and rescanning channels.

Using the Fetch Menu:

1. Press the menu button (paw button on older remote controls) on your remote control to access the Fetch menu.
  2. Use the arrow buttons to navigate to Manage.
  3. Press the menu button on the remote control to select Settings.
  4. Use the arrow buttons to navigate to Device Info. Press the down arrow to navigate to Reset Factory Settings, then press the menu button.
  5. You will be prompted for your Parental PIN. If you have no Parental PIN set up, this is 0000.
  6. After you enter your PIN, the set top box will ask you to confirm that you'd like to reset. Press the menu button on your remote control to continue.
  7. Your device will reboot, and then you will need to reactivate your set top box by entering your activation code and rescanning channels.
TimH1981
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Loss of wifi option for Fetch TV set top box

I have same issue, tried both hard and soft reset and freezes at wireless/wired setup page. Takes at least 3 - 5 mins for each page to load also. I think replacement required. 3rd in 18 months. Absolute crap product. Very limited functionality and so primitive! Someone put together a decent box for goodness sake!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors