Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
markinblue
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Linking Fetch mini on Optus mobile with Fetch Mighty on Optus NBN

How do i link my free Fetch mini which I got from my Optus Mobile due to the recent World Cup promo to my Fetch Mighty on my Optus NBN bundle? I tried the Multiroom funtion on the Fetch Mighty but it doesn't pick up the Fetch Mini.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Linking Fetch mini on Optus mobile with Fetch Mighty on Optus NBN

Are the registered under the same account?

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
markinblue
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Peter,

The Fetch Mini is under my Optus mobile account but my Fetch Mighty is under my Optus NBN.

I only got Fetch Mini due to the World Cup issue by Optus.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I think it comes down to the billing address of the two accounts. You should contact LIVECHAT and determine both are under the same umbrella.

Peter Gillepsie

0 Kudos
Michael_09
New Contributor
New Contributor

I just had the same issue.

And on contacting them it has come to light that they need to be under the same account ie under Mobile or NBN, and cant be under different account with the same provider.

If they are on different accounts with Optus then they still can be linked but they will charge you $15.00 per bill cycle to keep the link.

This is not mentioned clearly and I have advised them of this and Sales team and Staff need to advise Customers clearly.

Yet over the weekened when I contacted them I was not advised of this and was clearly told that it can be done with no problem or charges.

What makes this worse I had contacted them to get the Optus Sports that came with my Mini package on NBN and had it transferreed to my Mighty Package on Mobile, and this was done without any issues what so ever and was advised all channels on my migty I will be able to watch on the Mini with no problems.

I just mentioned this when trying to get them linked and I have been advised that this can not be done and should not have been done.

0 Kudos
markinblue
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Michael,

any luck on getting this linked?

0 Kudos
Michael_09
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes i did and boy it was alot of work and talking, so to give a brief run down again.

As you are not allowed to transfer channels or packs this made it very hard.

Mini unit - I had Optus Sports and a Variety Channel Pack.

This came Free of charge with my NBN account when I signed up.

Mighty unit - I had all Channels Ultimate Pack being the Kids, Vibe, Knowledge and Variety Packs.

I was paying for this Pack at $20 per month on my Mobile account.

What I ended up having to do was the following.

1. Mini Unit pay an extra $14 to upgrade and get all the channels to the Ulitmate Pack on my Mini box. As this unit had the Optus Sport Channel allocated to this unit.

2. Then ended up removing all channels the Ultimate Pack from the Mighty box which was costing me $20 per month. As this did not have Optus Sports.

3. Finally I ended up having to pay $15.00 per month to link the units. And making the Mini the main unit as this had all the channels on it.

By doing this I now get all channels on both units and record from both units.

And now can watch recorded shows and delete from the Mini unit.

So if you plan to get another unit I would make sure of the following.

Get the extra unit on the account you already have one on.

This would save time effort and cost of having to link the units.

0 Kudos
markinblue
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Michael,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Geez that sounds so much hassle just to link the Fetch boxes up and to link them up you had to pay extra.

I find its quite silly that i have two Fetch boxes (Fetch Mighty with my NBN and Fetch mini with my mobile due to the WC fiasco) but i can't link them up at all and if i do link them i have to pay extra for it.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@markinblue

Had you registered the Fetch Mini you received via your My Account?

• Scroll down until you reach the service that your existing Fetch STB is attached to (mobile number or Fixed broadband username).
  • You’ll be presented with a menu on the right side of your My Account Dashboard, click the Fetch icon.
  • Register your set-top-box
  • Enter the serial number. You can find the serial number on the rear of your STB.
  • Click submit

You shoud see two set top boxes under the heading, for example: 

My set-top boxes

These are the details of your set-top boxes. Use the activation code you received for each set-top box to pair the companion app with that set-top box.

Type: Mini    Serial Number: 75162***395277 Activation code: 9c******pp

Type: MightySerial Number: 75162***395877 Activation code: 9d******rp

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
markinblue
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dan.

No i didn't try that option. I rang the support to get them to link them but they were saying due to there were on different accounts in the system i couldn't link them.

0 Kudos