Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor Lukeharper
New Contributor

Keeping my Fetch Box

Hi guys,

I just joined Optus after 7 years with Vodafone, purely on the basis that I was advised on more than one occasion that I could move my existing Fetch TV Mini from my pre-paid account (which I only bought to watch the Premier League) to my new $90 per month post paid contract. However, in a totally predictable turn of events, having just had my SIM card activated, I have now been advised that this is actually not possible. I have spent around 3-4 hours on the phone with the so-called experts so far and I have been given nothing but contradictory advice and excuses. Can anyone tell me if this actually possible to do, as I was promised, or do I need to go to the Ombudsman having been deliberately mis-sold the product? Thanks, Luke

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Keeping my Fetch Box

Did you buy the Fetch mini from Optus? 

Optus Fetch boxes are totally seperate from Fetch boxes bought elsewhere. If you 'buy' an Optus fetch box you actually never own it and must return it when you leave Optus. Only Optus fetch boxes will work with other Optus Fetch boxes. These things are generally not made clear when signing up.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks Peter. Yes - it is an existing Optus Fetch Box, purchased on a pre-paid SIM so that I could watch the Premier League. I have doubled the value of my monthly contract with Optus but they are saying it is impossible to move the Fetch Box across to my new, more expensive contract! Even though they sold me on the fact that it wouldn’t be a problem.....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Seems you've hit the wrong customer service person (usually pays to call back again and see what a different person says)

I've notified @Dan_C who is a moderator and can perhaps look into the issue better.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks Peter,

i have actually had to call multiple times in the last few days and as you would expect, whilst I was waiting for my number to be ported across from Vodafone, it was “no problem” and I just had to wait for the number to be activated. Of course, now that it has been activated, I have been told by 2 separate reps that it isn’t possible and should never have been advised to me in the first place!!! These guys are totally clueless and an embarrassment to Optus. I never thought I would say this, but I miss Vodafone!!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I’ve got that one @Lukeharper, I've just replied back. We'll chat with you there 🙂 Thanks @petergdownload.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors