Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

JB-Hi-Fi Fetch Mini & Mighty - Optus Sport EPL

Hi There,

I have purchased a Fetch TV mini and Mighty from JB Hi-Fi, i have an optus mobile account which will offer me the EPL service

however i am unable to see the Optus Sport App to view the EPL of either box as they were purchased from JB Hi-Fi. What is process to get the optus sport app on my boxes

there seems to be alot of confusion out there and the boxes sold from third parties and Optus directly are clearly not the same, and that has not been made clear to any marketing materials or reviews, otherwise i would have bought directly from optus!

some clarification would be great!

round one is fast approaching!

Regards,

concerned EPL viewer!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: JB-Hi-Fi Fetch Mini & Mighty - Optus Sport EPL

Hey natho, so sorry for all the confusion. Our Optus Sport channel and App is only available on Optus Supplied Yes TV by Fetch boxes. They are branded differently and come in Optus packaging. Retail Fetch TV boxes will not get access to the Optus Sport channels as our boxes have special firmware to work with EPL.

Is it possible to return those boxes to the retailer? Have you already signed up for your EPL login here? So you can watch content through our website and phone/tablet Apps?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

There seems to be alot of miss information out in the market

I suggest that Optus and Fetch TV clarify to the market that only Optus Fetch boxes are compadible 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for the feedback. I'm passing it along to our EPL team. It does appear that some customers are getting confused out there and it's not good for anybody.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Just to add to this discussion. I recently bought a FetchTV Mini from Harvey Norman. Then when I moved house last month I decided to get and EPL eligible Optus NBN plan so that I could watch the EPL. Before I signed up to a contract I asked Optus technical support online if it would be possible to get Optus Sports and the EPL on my retail purchased FetchTV, so long as I had an EPL eligible Optus NBN planand they said it would be possible (see screenshots below)...

The replies in this thread suggests that this advice was inaccurate which is very annoying. It seems that it is not only Optus customers that are confused but their staff as well! I would contemplate getting Yes TV by Fetch box if I didn't already own essentially the same hardware. Also, getting a Yes TV by Fetch Mini costs $15 per month over two years (total of $360), whereas the FetchTV from Harvey Norman costs $150. The locking of the Optus sports channels to only Yes TV by Fetch branded units could be interpreted as a driver to encourage you to pay  ~$210 more for the FetchTV mini box (over the life of the contract) than it costs retail if you want to watch the EPL via FetchTV, which is pretty poor in my opinion.

Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 21.12.00.pngScreen Shot 2016-07-21 at 21.11.54.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I just called up Optus today to ask how I can get to watch the EPL tonight and they said the quickest way is to buy a Fetch Mini from JB Hifi and subscribe to an Optus sim card. I have done the above but now reading this thread I can watch EPL!!!!!!!!

Seriously WTF!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sorry to hear you might also have been misled by Optus sales. Hopefully they will come to the party with some way for us to get our retail FetchTV boxes working with Optus sports...it would be the only decent thing to do given the above screenshots and your phonecall.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @SamS, I'm so sorry for the confusion here. Your screenshots read like the agent didn't realise you were talking about Fetch TV purchased independently. Yes, you do need an Optus-supplied Yes TV by Fetch set top box to access the Optus Sport content. The Yes TV by Fetch Mini set top box is an additional $5 per month on eligible Post-Paid Mobile plans, not $15. Which NBN plan did you sign up on?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am not sure how you read that in the above screenshots. I clearly state that I bought the box retail and questioned whether I needed the 'Yes TV by Fetch' package. The answer was pretty clear cut.

I am on the $80 per month 2 year Online NBN deal and was told the mini would cost $15 on top each month. I was told that the $5 deal was if I took out a $30 per month mobile sim deal. In either case, whether $5 or $15 per month, those offers are useless to me as I already own a FetchTV...

I've been an Optus customer for less than a month and have to say I am less than impressed...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

The Optus Sales also told me that I should go JB Hifi or Harvey Norman to get my Fetch Mini but now we all know it doesn't work!

I was streaming on my phone last night and it keeps having black outs!

Any of you have the same problem?

0 Kudos