cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Issues 'waking' Fetch TV

Hoping someone can help me with this. I'm having issues turning on Fetch TV after switching between other HDMI inputs or applications on my smart TV. I can be watching Fetch TV perfectly fine, and then I switch to my Playstation HDMI input, or Netflix through my Samsung Smart TV. When I switch over after a few seconds my Fetch TV turns itself off automatically (power light goes red), but when I switch back to Fetch TV again I can't turn the set top box back on via the remote control. Specifically the power light on the box is red and no other lights are on. When I hit any button on the remote control, the (R) button flashes blue (indicating the remote control is working at least) but nothing happens and the box doesn't turn on. This is the same no matter what button I press. The only workaround is to pull the cable out of the back of the box and then plug it back in and wait for it to boot up.

So far i've tried a soft reset of the box, but then I had all sorts of problems with my activation code so I'm reluctant to go to the next stage and do a full factory reset (but will do if that's the only option).

Help would be appreciated!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Issues 'waking' Fetch TV

Hi

I think this issue may be caused by your tv with CEC (consumer electronics control). Have a look at this link;https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.howtogeek.com/207186/how-to-enable-hdmi-cec-on-your-tv-and-why-y...

You should be able to check if this is the case by turning CEC of on your tv. Have look at your tv user guide as to how do this.

Regarding your activation code you can find this under My Account>broadband plan>my fetch tv.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply Dave, unfortunately it hasn't helped. I found the CEC option for my TV and turned it OFF (it was previously enabled) however the issue still remains.

Also - I was aware where to find my code, but the issue was it didn't work. After trying to re-register my set top box I had to contact technical support to get a new code. But that's all good now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Hi

If CEC is enable when you choose the HDMI port for the fetch box it should turn the fetch box on so could well be a faulty  fetch box. Have you another tv in the house without CEC you could connect the fetch box to and that would show whether it is a fault with the fetch box.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos