Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Arsenal-FC
New Contributor
New Contributor

Issues logging into Optus Sport on retail Fetch TV Mighty

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help as I have previously contact Optus support and they could not assist with solving my problem.

I am wondering if anyone is having difficulty logging into Optus Sport on their retail bought Fetch TV mighty ( from Harvey Norman). Since more than a month ago I started having problems logging in using my existing password which works perfectly on my laptop, iPad and iPhone. (Was happily watching it on the Fetch TV prior to the issue) When I put the correct login details in the error returns was ‘problem authenticating’ and that I refer my issue to Optus sport. I have tried logging out from all my sign in and relogging in but did work. I have restarted my fetch tv and did a reset as well and have the latest software version installed and it but to no avail. Can anyone offer any suggestion?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tuong_YC

Re: Issues logging into Optus sport in retail Fetch TV Mighty

Hey @Arsenal-FC, its not great to see that you are missing out on the games through your Fetch set up. Although we will be unable to advise directly on your third party device, we will be able to discuss general technical matters.

Considering the issue is isolated to your Fetch connection, this would suggest that your concern was with your set top box. Have you tried Fetch Troubleshooting as of yet?  Give those a shot and see how you go. 

If you do not see any improvements after doing so, I would recommend heading back to the purchase you purchased from to discuss warranty as well as their return policy

Just in case you have not done so already, could you also please connect your Fetch device via an Ethernet cable. Generally speaking, an Ethernet connection almost always provides both a stronger and more reliable streaming experience.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Arsenal-FC
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Tuong_YC,

There are no issues with the internet connection as I can watch all online channels I signed up via fetch. Have already restarted the fetch, reset and done the troubleshooting. It does not appear to be an issue with my fetch tv but Optus sport needs to investigate why I can longer log in from my end.
0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

I have just tested our own Fetch set top box and have managed to get access the subscription fine and navigate through the features and recording without any issues. Looking at the engagement surrounding Optus Sport as well, there are seemingly no other issues or users coming through reporting concerns on Fetch access.

If you can login via different channels and devices, this would indicate that your subscription was fine @Arsenal-FC.

I would recommend heading into the store in which you purchased from and discuss the store options available to you  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndS
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Arsenal-FCAs you have got no where with Optus I would try Fetch support to see if they can help. Failing that print out this thread and go back to Harvery Norman and request a refund as it is not fit for purpose as you bought it for Optus sport and as it does not work and cannot get support to get it working you are withing your rights to ask for a refund.

0 Kudos
Arsenal-FC
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks AndS. My issue is that it seems it’s only happening to me and I find it very strange. The fetch tv is more than 2 years old so would not be warranted anymore. I just can’t cannot understand why it’s not working on the fetch....will explore with fetch since Optus is of not much help at the moment.
0 Kudos