cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Invalid Geo Location Message on Optus Sport

I've been having this constant problem for over a month now where I get a message saying Invalid Geo location. I live in Melbourne so I'm accessing it in Australia. It also doesn't work om tablet and laptop

I've contacted the support team on the app countless times with this issue not being fixed apart from when it was working for about two days.

Optus Sport doesn't work when I use normal home internet, but it works using mobile data but the area I live in mobile data barely works. It's becoming extremely frustrating as It's supposed to be working.

I've tried absolutely everything possible to try get it to work but it simple doesn't which I'm getting fed up of.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Invalid Geo Location Message on Optus Sport

Hi @Banter, sorry to hear about your ongoing Optus Sport issue. If it is only happening with your home internet then it is your modem settings that is causing the issue. Is your home internet with us or another provider? If it is with another provider then please contact them to update the modem settings and confirm there is no restrictions setup.

If it is with us and if you have a social media account then please send a PM to Optus Sport on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

There's nothing wrong with either the Internet or modem settings. Not sure what's happening but I just can't access Optus Sports due to a Geo location error every time or it says VPN error but I'm not using VPN, All vpn is off.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for that additional info. As Kartika has outlined, I recommend sending a message to Optus Sport on Facebook or Twitter where we'll be able to confirm your Optus Sport details. Once we've verified your info, we'll be able to assist further. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors