cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

International Champions Cup

Will the International Champions Cup be on Optus sport again this year?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: International Champions Cup

Hi

If you are referring to the UEFA European championship my understanding is there will be an announcement very shortly to confirm Optus has the rights for the Australian streaming.

Keep your fingers crossed for it has to be the best soccer contest🤞

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey mate , nah I'm referring to the ICC the ones where theres the friendly games such as Arsenal Playing PSG soon 
I remember when Optus first introduced Optus Sport they streamed the whole tournament 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Hi

Because of the world cup there are only limited friendlies so I don't think they will be any shown on optus Sports.

The English Premier league starts in only a few weeks so you will have to have patience and, hopefully, see Liverpool back to winning ways and a premiership championship.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@Fab85, you're right. We have featured the International champions cup on Optus Sport in the past.

We don't have the license to broadcast the ICC this time round. You can catch all the ICC action on ESPN.

If you have a Fetch set top box, ESPN is featured in the Vibe channel pack. More info here → 

https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/entertainment/tv-movies-music/fetch-tv/channels

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I just added the vibe pack, looked for the 11.05am game today between Man City and Dortmund and it's nowhere to be seen??? Can you shed some light on this please. Did I just waste my money!!!!!!? YNWA

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

The vibe pack for fetch just gives you the standard Sports channels, you need to subscribe for the premium streaming so, yes, you wasted your money if you thought you were going to get access to live and on demand matches for the ICC.

Dave

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have fetch through optus, and you stated:

We don't have the license to broadcast the ICC this time round. You can catch all the ICC action on ESPN.

If you have a Fetch set top box, ESPN is featured in the Vibe channel pack. More info here "

I then added ESPN with Vibe through my Fetch set top box...... how on earth can you now tell me I wasted my money when I folloed your instructions! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Also, it doesn't fill me with confidence when you suddenly go from a Moderator (I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus) to I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee) overnight!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Hi

Firstly look at who has posted and you will see quite clearly that I am not and never have been a moderator.

Secondly, the ESPN channels on fetch do not stream live soccer, you will need to subscribe to the ESPN for that service.

Don't blame the messenger, read the detail before you sign up.

Dave

0 Kudos