cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor DeathMessiah
New Contributor

Incorrect fetch box code

Been trying to activate fetch boxes, I have 2, with code sent via email on monday and keeps coming up incorrect code on both boxes. Have also been trying to contact customer service since to possibly get this fixed but keep getting transferred from one person to another. Can this be fixed or should I just use them as paper weights.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Incorrect fetch box code

Hi,
Thank you for raising this issue.
This is not something that we can assist with here on the forum.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please Chat with us or Message Us from your My Optus App under the Help menu.
Let us know how you go. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor mcb5022
Occasional Contributor

Maybe you got my box ! I was sent wrong box apparently and took 5 or 6 communications by phone/ chat/message before the person actually asked me for the serial number of the fetch box. Turns out it was not my box so they sent me a new one early last week. Now working as far as activation goes. Just a tip, put a piece of card under the battery cover of remote to hold them in place.

0 Kudos
New Contributor seamus71
New Contributor

I have been sent a box, with the wrong code . That is sloppy from Optus . No support available as systems are apparently down till 11am this morning.  Not happy ..

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor mcb5022
Occasional Contributor

Make sure that they ask for your serial no. Took 4 contacts before someone asked me and then found out I had one that was already activated by someone else. Would have thought serial number was unique to each unit. Never received initial activation code. They sent me a new box etc which has been working albeit pretty much rubbish. Simply underpowered and have now bypassed it. Old bluray for catch-up (lag time of a second or two after ads v minutes for fetch on same circuit) Foxtel smashed their price and sent me an IQ4 which handles wifi easily unlike fetch.

Cust service told me to take first box to post office but PO couldn't do anything so it's gathering dust in garage. Only Optus sport seems to work as it should, the rest is frustration in evenings, with the $2 shop remote the fetch is not something worth more than the $1 a month Optus charge us for it. Probably uses more power than that on standby.

good luck 

0 Kudos
New Contributor seamus71
New Contributor

Update : A new box is being sent out by optus as the old one will not accept any activation codes. After 3 attempts this morning,, the tech girl gave up and ordered a new box. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi mcb5022,

Please feel free to contact us at your convenience to request  a prepaid satchel that comes with appropriate instructions to return your unused Fetch box. This is the correct process.

Disappointing to hear you were referred to the Post Office.

Seamus71, hope that turns out to be the solution that was needed. Let us know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors