Searching...
Accepted Solution

Impossible to obtain Optus Sport Premium Subscription

Infuriated

So I've been going round in circles now for a few hours:

- Have Apple TV Gen 4

- Signed into iTunes, AppStore etc.

- Have Optus Sport App installed

Then it asks you for user credentials. OK so I create a free account and login.

How the hell do you actually purchase the $14.99 premium sport subscription to watch the world cup. The Optus website says it's an in-app purchase ... but there's no way to sign up and supply credit card information.

It's ridiculous. The app is atrocious. Can someone advise me the next steps to GIVE Optus money. 

Solution

Re: Impossible to obtain Optus Sport Premium Subscription

Infuriated

So I figured it out. You need to purchase the subscription from the Optus Sport app on your phone. You can't buy the subscription through the Apple TV app.

Re: Impossible to obtain Optus Sport Premium Subscription

LucyS

Hi @Infuriated, sorry to hear that Smiley Sad With a Gen 4 Apple TV device, you should be able to download the Optus Sport app and purchase a Premium subscription just like you would on your phone/tablet - not sure why you weren't able to. Sounds like you figured out a work around anyway but for anyone else experiencing a similar problem, an alternative would be to download the Optus Sport app to your phone/tablet and then stream the matches via Airplay. You can read more information on how to stream content via Airplay here.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
51 Kudos
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
16 Kudos
12 Kudos