Searching...
Highlighted

I want to cancel Optus Sport

Bow9

I have spent hours trying to cancel Optus Sport before the billing date. The web page tells me to go to my phone settings and the Subscriptions tab under my profile but there isn’t one. 

I have also looked for an Entertainment tab under MyOptus. 

I can’t contact Optus Sport help because the help dialogue box won’t scroll on my iPhone so I can’t submit. 

Optus help told me to delete the App. But the Optus Sport webpage specifically says that won’t work. 

Any suggestions please?

Re: I want to cancel Optus Sport

[ Edited ]
Davelew

Hi

Have a look at this link:

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/optus-sport-how-to-cancel?requestType=NormalRequest&id=...

As you will see you will need to cancel your subscription through  Google Play or iTunes store.

Deleting the app will not cancel the subscription.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Bow9

Thanks Dave. 

I can can get this far:

Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store

Tap Apple ID at the top of the screen

Tap View Apple ID. You might need to authenticate your Apple ID

Tap Subscriptions

But there is no Subscriptions tab when I view my Apple ID

Davelew

I say on the beach in Bowen at the moment with an Android phone so can't replicate the instructions on an apple device.

@Dan_C is proud of his iPhone and may pick up this post and be of help, fingers crossed.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Dan_C

Haha, oddly enough. I did just create a thread on this topic. 

How to unsubscribe from Optus Sport 

If you're still having trouble, shout out @Bow9

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Davelew

Hi

Got back to my caravan and checked.

From where you have got to you will need to scroll down and then you should find subscriptions.

Thanks @Dan_C for responding so quickly, I might even give you kudos.

Dave

Dan_C

Oh, would you be so kind? Haha. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Bow9

Thanks Dan C. You’re still saying the same thing though - that there should be a Subscriptions tab under my Apple ID. But there isn’t. I can see my purchase history - including Optus Sport at $0.00 (because of the refund) but no Subscriptions tab. 

Davelew

This is a screen shot from my iPad but should look similar on your iPhone.i don't understand why it's not there for you.

387402F7-E7B4-4E26-8D17-E06BBA5B810C.png

Dan_C

Hmm, the same instructions for opting out of paid subscriptions are up on the Apple support page

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202039#subscriptions

When you click view Apple ID → do you see the screen below?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
58 Kudos
53 Kudos
21 Kudos
14 Kudos
12 Kudos