cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Munkeeboi
New Contributor

Re: I'm getting an error that says HDCP Error when I connect an HDMI device, Fetch Mighty (Gen3)

G'day guys,

Had the exact same problem with newly bought receiver Yamaha RX-V485. Sorted the issue out by going to the setup options of my receiver and changing the HDMI/HDCP version of the specific port that the Fetch box was hooked to from "AUTO" to "1.4".

Hope this helps some you guys out!

0 Kudos
Contributor Stc37
Contributor

Re: I'm getting an error that says HDCP Error when I connect an HDMI device, Fetch Mighty (Gen3)

Can anyone tell me the model they bought from jaycar for doing the splitting. They have two models.

Also where in the systrm does this go, i have a yamaha rxv685 av reciver on hdmi 1.4 all ok but seems pointless when fetch is meant to be 4k i want to see the 4k resolution

Looking forward to seeing some responses.

0 Kudos
New Contributor BigMitchRacing
New Contributor

From memory one was 4K and the other was 1080p (maybe 2.7k). I got the lower spec one have HD no issues. 

I think ink I posted up my success in this thread. If you dig back a bit you can double check

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Contributor Stc37
Contributor

Hi and thank you

Luckily my amp I can switch the HDMI between 1.4 and 2.2 this is a fetch Tc issue and it's very poor that they are not addressing the issue. 

I have 2 X uhd TV same issue on both with 2.2 no issues on 1.4 

Will wait to see what fetch does to improve the mighty box, although it seems this is not a new issue. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Drew81
New Contributor

Optus, another yamaha reciever error hdcp2.2. Have you fixed this? Please dont ask me to try another cable like you have everyone else. This is software issue and should be fixed in your fetch tv updates.

Contributor Stc37
Contributor

Got asked to change the cable, however Xbox one via avr works like a dream no need to change from 2.2 to 1.4. But can only run fetch via 1.4 into avr. Optus will not admit its a software issue.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Jaycar HDMI Splitter

2 Port HDMI Splitter with UHD 4K Support - Jaycar CAT.NO: AC1710 $49.95

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Neildall
Occasional Contributor

So Optus, this issue has been going on now for over 3 years.......surely you have someone in your employment who can do a firmware patch to fix this issue. I mean it's pretty straight forward. Give an option for HDCP 1.4 and 2.2 make it selectable. The vast majority of new TVs that are being purchased now are 4k. They are being plugged into amps and soundboard which YOUR fetch box does not support. The option that people are coming up with of a splitter is not really a great option when you setup an amp with HDMI switching to make life easy. Plus, once you go through a splitter the fetch box won't then output 4k. So if you did happen to want to watch Netflix through the fetch box in 4k......no deal..... For God's sake Optus, pull your fingers out and fix this issue. 3 years is a joke.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

It does definitely sound frustrating that this is an ongoing issue.

Please contact Fetch for assistance with this one. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos