cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor jmm123
Occasional Contributor

Re: I'm getting an error that says HDCP Error when I connect an HDMI device, Fetch Mighty (Gen3)

The workaround for this is to plug the fetch to the HDMI Port at the front of the receiver. Thus is how I got it working on the aventahe 3050

hope this helps s few people.  

Optus should have addressed this a long time ago 

New Contributor AnnoyedPete
New Contributor

Re: I'm getting an error that says HDCP Error when I connect an HDMI device, Fetch Mighty (Gen3)

Ok, I've got the same problem with my Denon X3300W Receiver. Unfortunately none of my inputs work including the Aux input on the front of the receiver. I initially rang the support number and was told to bypass the receiver and connect directly to the TV. Not really acceptable!

0 Kudos
New Contributor Djlex
New Contributor

Try hdcp stripper. This will solve your problem

New Contributor Djlex
New Contributor

Try HDCP Stripper or splitter between ftck and your reciever. It works

New Contributor

Thanks Dilex. I've ordered one through Amazon. I'll let you know how it goes.

0 Kudos
Contributor anthony
Contributor

Since I started this post, I have tried 4 different HDCP strippers, HDMI splitters and so any differnt cables and still no luck with my Yamaha RX-V1081, in the end i just connected my Fetch TV Mighty direclty to my TV until Optus sort this out , It's not ideal but its works for now.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

I connected the powered HDCP splitter between the Fetch box and my receiver. It worked. No error. Don't forget, if you order from the US you'll need a plug adapter.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Sony_Fanboy
Occasional Contributor

Which splitter did you end up getting, do you have any links to share?

0 Kudos
New Contributor

The splitter I purchased was the ViewHD 2 Port 1x2 Powered HDMI Mini Splitter Model VHD-1X2MN3D. I paid Amazon 45 AUD for the splitter and a short HDMI cable.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The problem with optus abdicating their responsibility with this is that more and more people are updating their tv room to home theatre rather than just tv and so more and more people will get this problem. It will get worse and be a support nightmare for optus.

I had a fetchtv mighty connected to a denon avr2309 receiver connected to a sharp projector. I have upgraded to a denon avr2400 and now cant watch fetchtv  box due to hdcp2.2 error. This IS a fetchtv issue as everything else works fine.

I might be in the minority but more and more people will buy soundbars and/or home theatre receivers as time goes by and i believe that EVERY one of them will have the same issue if they are buying anything other than the el-cheapo solutions.

Fetchtv CAN fix the problem in their firmware.

I believe that if you put a hdmi splitter between the fetchtv box and the receiver then the problem will go away but i havent tested this. I suspect an OLD or CHEAP hdmi splitter is more likely to fix the problem than an expensive one as

what i think is happening is that ...

Fetchtv direct to tv has tv not supporting 4k or hdcp2,2 video so fetchtv downgrades its output and all is good.

Fetchtv to 4k and hdcp2.2 capable receiver or soundbar and fetchtv upscales output to 4k and hdcp2.2 and then when receiver tells fetchtv that tv is not hdcp2.2 compliant  then the video is blocked by fetchtv box.

Reading the forums they have (so far) ALL been OPTUS FETCHTV and not other versions of fetchtv so it seems to be an issue with the optus modified firmware and so it IS an OPTUS problem. I suspect if you buy a fetchtv box from harvey norman you will not have the problem. If you change to internode or tpg or other isp who supply fetchtv then you may not have the problem so customers could "vote with their feet" and change isp.

0 Kudos