cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor Griffo17
Contributor

Re: I'm getting an error that says HDCP Error when I connect an HDMI device, Fetch Mighty (Gen3)

Yep I'm in exactly the same boat. Except I also can'take watch FTA channels on the Fetch Mighty despite the Fetch Mini and previous Fetch Gen2 working fine. I thought my previous Denon AVR-1908 receiver was the culprit and not compatible with the Gen3 box for some reason. Went outo and bought a Onkyo TX-NR656 and got exactly the same issue to my horror.. $1000 well spent. Like some people mention you can get around the hdcp issue by connecting to a non hdcp hdmi input but that doesn't solve the FTA scrambling issue. Also, if I try to watch a FTA channel then change to a streamed channel then it starts scrambling and multiplexing all channels and can only be rectified by restarting the Gen3 box. Happens on both my receivers. Fetch Mini is fine as was the Gen2 box that the Gen3 replaced. Also had the Gen3 box swapped initially a few that made no difference.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Re: I'm getting an error that says HDCP Error when I connect an HDMI device, Fetch Mighty (Gen3)

Hey Guys - I heard back from my TV & Content team and unfortunately we have no ETR on this being fixed still however we are working in collaboration with Fetch to resolve this. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor parkere
New Contributor

Solved the problem by putting a powered HDMI splitter in between the Fetch output and the Amplifier input. Got this from some overseas posts and it worked.

0 Kudos
Contributor Griffo17
Contributor

Did you have issues with Free To Air channels @parkere ?

0 Kudos
New Contributor parkere
New Contributor

Yes. I believe is a hardware thing related to 4K transmision standards. They don't want you to copy or resend video, TV or streamed content to another device - that includes recorders or amplifiers or to other parts of the house. (You might record it or re-use it!)  Putting a video splitter in place seems to get around the hardware blocker because it doesn't recognise the new standard. Have been able to show TV, Streamed and all other content from Fetch Box to Amplifier and then on to other locations around the house.

0 Kudos
New Contributor parkere
New Contributor

Yes - I have the same setup and get the same result. It is because the Aux HDMI input on the Amp is not HDCP 2.2 compliant whereas the other seven HDMI inputs comply with HDCP 2.2.  The work around I got was to put a powered HDMI splitter in between the Fetch box and the HDMI Amp Input. Because the HDMI splitter is not HDCP 2.2 compliant, the Inputs 1 to 7 don't block the input.

Means you don't need to have the HDMI cable hanging out the front of your amplifier.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor jmm123
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I just received the GEN 3 Fetch Box today and it looks like the issue with HDCP 2.2 is still not fixed.  this was reported back in July of last year and they have not done anythign about it.

My Gen 3 will not work witht the YAMAHA A3050 whilst the the Older FETCH box worked fine.

As well as that the HDMI connector  on the FETCH is so tight it broke the HDMI cable plug trying to pull it out.

Most people have more than 1 device going to projectors so a Yamaha recever is essential in most setups.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor jmm123
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the suggesting the splitter as an intermediary - will have to try it when I get the cable that broke in the GEN 3 fixed.

May just work.  OPTUS should know this!

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Esther
RetiredModerator

Ah okay - please keep us updated how you get on with this!

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Techboy
New Contributor

Hi everyone.  

Recently upgraded to a Yamaha receiver and was not aware of this issue.  Has there been any progress in solving it.  

Thanks

0 Kudos
Top Contributors