cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor parkere
New Contributor

Re: I'm getting an error that says HDCP Error when I connect an HDMI device, Fetch Mighty (Gen3)

Yes. Same here. Replaced my Yamaha RX-V733 amp with a Yamaha  RX-V1079 and started getting the error message.

Tried lots of options but not working. Error message says: This content is not compatible with your TV Please connect HDMI OUT to the HDMI imput jack that supports HDDCP2.2 of the TV.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Sony_Fanboy
Occasional Contributor

Re: I'm getting an error that says HDCP Error when I connect an HDMI device, Fetch Mighty (Gen3)

I am experiencing the exact same problem with my Sony receiver, a STR-DN1070. I had the receiver connected to a FetchTV Mini without any problems at all. A few days ago I purchased a Mighty and hooked it up to my receiver in place of the Mini and everything was working well, no HDCP issues. Then the Mighty did a reboot and a firmware update today and all I get now is a HDCP 2.2 warning message from my receiver. If I connect the Mighty directly to my TV everything works fine. Changing the screen resolution settings on the Mighty does not make the HDCP warning message go away, even at 480p.

This is very annoying, obviously I want to have the Mighty connected up to my receiver. I also don't want to have to use a HDCP stripper just to watch TV whilst it is hooked up through my receiver! Why the HDCP change in the latest firmware, why now when it had been working fine.

Can I please have confirmation this is something that can be fixed in the next firmware update? If it's a permanent change please let me know, I am happy to return the Mighty back to Harvey Norman and stick with the Mini otherwise. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @Sony_Fanboy, really sorry for the inconvenience caused. I'd recommend contacting our Yes TV by Fetch faults team on 133937 and raise with them. Please do let us know how you go with them as we'd like to understand what is causing is. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Sony_Fanboy
Occasional Contributor

@Aman_BI called the number you have suggested, it was not very helpful at all. The person on the phone had no idea what a receiver or HDCP is so had no idea about the problem. She kept telling me that she could not help me because I did not have an Optus service and she needed an Optus account. Apparantely having a FetchTV package/subscription is not enough. I was informed I needed to contact Harvey Norman (because that's where I purchased it) to have them diagnose or resolve the problem for me. After some persistance she went to speak with someone senior who then advised her to tell me to connect the FetchTV to my TV and then use an optical cable to connect the TV with my receiver for the sound - it's already connected like this. Obviously I purchased a $1500 receiver because I don't want all my HDMI devices connected through it! She then went on to state that I need to contact FetchTV support, she stated she or her senior did not have a contact number for FetchTV support and that I need to go Google for it.

There has obviously been a change in the latest FetchTV firmware that is now enforcing latest HDCP requirement. Because my receiver supports latest HDCP version, compliant to version 2.2, part of the requirement for this standard is to not allow the receiver to downgrade the HDCP to transmit to my TV for backward compatibility with previous HDCP versions. The issue that I have is the FetchTV box was working absolutely fine up until the firmware update so I know it is capable of working with my receiver and the issue is with the firmware of the FetchTV.

Is there any other contact numbers or support team that I can reach? Is it even possible to highlight this problem with the firmware development team? Is this something that can and will be resolved in a latest firmware update? Is this in preperation for the 1080p/4k content perportedly being available sometime this year through FetchTV? I would like to know because the answers to some of these question will determine whether I keep the box or not.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

Thanks for the clarification Sony_Fanboy, our Yes TV by Fetch tech team can only provide support for Optus supplied boxes. The we do modify the supplied Fetch TV on our boxes though that's mainly to support our Optus exclusive channels like Optus Sport. 

The new HDCP 2.2 error message, every link in the chain must conform to it and not break the encryption/protection along the way. Otherwise it will get scrambled or cause an error. 

Only Fetch TV themselves will have any information about what a future firmware update will hold though I suspect that this DHCP 2.2 will remain. It is pushed through by the content holders to prevent piracy and unauthorised usage of restricted content. Obviously, you aren't trying to do anything of the sort but it is another hoop to jump through.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Guy
RetiredModerator

Hello everyone.  As we've mentioned previously, we only supply support for the STU direct to the TV, so any third party equipment is not covered. However, we've reported this to Fetch who have advised that the only solution at this time is to see if any of the amp/receiver inputs support 4K and connect the STU to that input.  Once the viewer connects a 4K TV the issue should be resolved.

0 Kudos
New Contributor sb11
New Contributor

Hi Guy

Appreciate that you guys continue to look into this problem with the Fetch TV Mighty not being able to connect to modern HiFi equipment.  However the people you are talking with at Fetch clearly have no clue.  If I read it correctly the Fetch TV mighty should work fine when connected to a 4K device, butg may not otherwise, good luck to everyone upgrading their TV.  However I have to say that they are likely wrong.  Earlier in this thread Imentioned my difficulty connecting my brand newe Marantz NR1607 rcviever to the Mighty and the HDCP error.  Now maybe my eyes deceive me but as a brand new device with the specs below, well I'm pretty sure it can hand 4K and HDCP2.2, so that puts the problem straight back to fetc box.  I have already described a workaround but really Fetch need a good look at their product to be honest.  Here are the specs of the Marantz just in case there was any doubt that it couldn;t be considered a 4K capable device:

The NR1607 is specifically engineered for the new age 4K home theatre, with full support for UHD Blu-ray playback. On the video side, this means HDCP 2.2 decryption and encryption, HDR (High Dynamic Range) and BT.2020 (Rec. 2020 Wide Gamut) colour rendition, and high frame rate support on all of its 8 HDMI inputs. For audio, this means full decode and processing of all HD Audio codecs, including DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD, FLAC and AAC, plus 3D mapping via Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. Most importantly, the NR1607 fully implements DSU (Dolby Surround Upmixer) which upconverts all your existing films from DVDs and streaming media to an immersive 3D sound experience with real height and ambience.

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Thanks for the extra info sb11, we'll certainly pass your feedback on to Fetch.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Jom
New Contributor

Hi,

Has there been any progress to this issue? I too am getting the same HDCP compatibility error on FetchTV Mighty. My receiver is a Yamaha RX V1079, a workaround that I found that works is pluggin the HDMI cable to the fron AUX input which doesn't seem to be affected by the inputs at  the rear HDMI1 to HDMI7.

It isn't ideal but seem to be working fine.

Jom

RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Hey Jom - more than happy to find out if there are any updates on this, I have just emailed my TV and Content Networks team, I'll touch base with you once I have a response from them. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos