cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor anthony
Contributor

Re: I'm getting an error that says HDCP Error when I connect an HDMI device, Fetch Mighty (Gen3)

I have treid 4 different HDMI cables version 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 x 2!!! Dont take us for dummies.

Guys, An update would be appreciated on this error, I have a Fetch Mighty box that is currently useless, when will Optus fetch include "HDMI Repeater Support" in their boxes.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: I'm getting an error that says HDCP Error when I connect an HDMI device, Fetch Mighty (Gen3)

Hey Anthony, based on some research on our end -  the HDCP 2.2 standard is designed to protect against the possibility of 4K video piracy. It's not something that's built into our Fetch Mighty firmware - despite the device itself being 4K capable. Now I'm happy to pass on any feedback to our product team but our firmware is usually intended for the masses.

Based on what I'm seeing there's only a portion of devices that include this form of encryption - by incorporating this into our firmware we might unintentionally cause a backwards compatibility issue. Dan 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor DannyO
New Contributor

I have the same issue with the fetch mini after the last firmware update. Could see the menu but no video, had the unit replaced and the same thing happened could see all the menus etc but no video not even the free to air.

Unplugged my receiver and put hdmi direct to tv and everything worked. 

I have everything plugged into my receiver and 1 hdmi cable through the wall to my tv. I really dont want to pull a 65" plasma off the wall just to run another hdmi cable. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor sb11
New Contributor

Hi Guys

Just got the new Gen3 to replace a prior Fetch TV box that had a failed NIC.  No go with my Marantz NR1607 AVR either, same error HDCP2.2.

Optus - note that the older fetch box had no problems talking to this AV receiver.  As I use an Epson projector on the roof I'm not exactly going to re-plug the Gen3 Fetch TV box in up there everytime I want to use it, let alone then only getting toy speakers on the Epson for sound instead of my speaker system.

So, any further updates for this Gen3?  Or is it possible to get my hands on one of the older Fetch TV units instead?

Thanks, sb.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @sb11, I had attempted to raise this with our content team. Unfortunately I didn't receive enough example to escalate this as far I wanted to. We might be able to look at replacing your Gen 3 unit with a Gen 2. Send us through a PM with your account details. We'd need your full name, DOB and service address. 

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

That's all been done Shane. Shoot us through a message once you've returned the device. Enjoy what's left of the weekend mate. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor AJL16
New Contributor

Hello All, 

I had this problem with an Onkyo Tx-NR636 and solved the problem by plugging the Fetch into a different input on the receiver. I was using the input marked STB which use HDCP however on looking I found that inputs maked Aux & Cable / SAT did not and passed the picture through to my older TV happily.

If you are unable to find an input that support then you could look into the solution posted here.

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @AJL16, thanks for letting us know! Great to hear that you've found a work around. Let us know if there's anything we can help out with. Dan 

0 Kudos
New Contributor sb11
New Contributor

Thanks for that, just in case other users of the new Marantz 1706 are searching this thread - I tried various inputs on the Marantz - started with CAB/SAT as that is in effect what the fetch provides.  Moved to AUX, GAME, BLU-Ray, Media - all gave same response regarding HDCP.

Going back to Gen 2 box.

Cheers

Shane

0 Kudos
New Contributor sb11
New Contributor

Hi

Just posting this to help any future users that see HDCP error with a Marantz NR1607 and the Gen3 Mighty Fetch box.  After 4 (yes 4 - TOLL have scored big time with all the parcel pickups) sent out and returned Gen 3 boxes trying to get a Gen2 sent out then finaly being advised it was not possible due to internal Optus issues.  I was resigned to having to use a Gen3.  After a bit of a look for a potential solution - I found a HDMI Splitter that might remove the incompatibility.  I found the ViewHD on Amazon (VHD-1X2MN3D) and decided to roll the dice.  Well I can report that sitting this ViewHD splitter in between the Gen3 output and the Marantz AVR input has removed the HDCP problem.  You also need a US->AU power adaptor, and an extra HDMI cable, but at least this works.  Hope this helps someone in the future, it likely works with other AVR systems I'd say.  A special mention to Nghi the mod who assisted, appreciate your help, a shame Optus internal processes are not up to it, Rohan Ganeson needs also to have a think about if this really is the customer service experience he wants - let alone the dollars that TOLL scored in the process.

Cheers

Shane 

Top Contributors