cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Contributor anthony
Contributor

I'm getting an error that says HDCP Error when I connect an HDMI device, Fetch Mighty (Gen3)

Hi All

I am having issues connecting my new Fetch mighty to a Yamaha Receiver, i am constantly getting the error message "

Getting HDCP 2.2 This content is not compatible with your TV"

I have contacted Yamaha to try and work out the issue, below is their response

The problem you are experiencing may be that some older Set-top boxes (Cable TV or Satellite TV boxes) do not recognize an HDMI Repeater device connected between itself and the Video Monitor. This is due to the Set-top box being older and the firmware was not written to understand any type of Repeater (switching) device such as the Yamaha receiver. Because of this, your setup will not work properly with your current Set-top box. In order to fully incorporate the Yamaha receiver (or any other HDMI switching receiver) into your home theatre, your Set-top box will need to be either replaced with a newer model or have a firmware upgrade installed.

In order to resolve the issue with your set-top box, please contact the cable/satellite Customer Service Dept. and ask them to include 
"HDMI Repeater Support" in their boxes.
Be assured that the Yamaha receiver is fully HDCP compliant as well as HDMI compliant so it can pass any HDMI signals that are encoded with an HDCP flag.

Can you please advice if this is something that can be included, i would imagine this is an issue not just with Yamaha receivers, but all new receivers.

0 Kudos
68 Replies
Contributor anthony
Contributor

Re: I'm getting an error that says HDCP Error when I connect an HDMI device, Fetch Mighty (Gen3)

Any update guys?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Re: I'm getting an error that says HDCP Error when I connect an HDMI device, Fetch Mighty (Gen3)

Hey @anthony

Just to confirm - if you plug your Yes TV by Fetch Mighty directly into the TV everything works ok? I have just sent your query through to our product managers to see if there are any updates or workarounds for this.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Contributor anthony
Contributor

@Hollie Correct, once connected directly to the TV via HDMI it all works fine. All my other devices work 100% (ps3, blu ray, Foxtel) when plugged into my Yamaha receiver. 

Yamaha confirmed it is an issue with the fetch TV 3 box. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Hmm have you tried a different HDMI Cable at all to see if that works? I have forwarded the feedback on and apologies if this seems a like too simpler question but just need to rule that out too.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Contributor anthony
Contributor

I have tried several hdmi cables, older cables and newer 1.4, & 2.0 supported cables with no luck. Different ports also. 

I have also tried connecting my fetch mini and that works fine and gives no error, seems like it's definitely an issue with the fetch mighty gen 3. @Hollie

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Guy
RetiredModerator

Hey @anthony. I've asked for some updates from our product team about this and hopefully we'll have some news soon!

0 Kudos
New Contributor BOS32
New Contributor

Same issue here with Sony receiver !!Optus any update ????

0 Kudos
New Contributor BOS32
New Contributor

Has anyone received any update on this matter ???

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Hey BO S32 🙂 

Are you able to try a different HDMI cable and see how that goes?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos