cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor jilly68
Occasional Contributor

I'm getting a replacement Fetch Box, can I still use the original?

I am to receive a new Fetch box as the one I have has no blue/red light showing. It started to fade yesterday and today the light has gone out completely. The box still works fine, I just do not know if the internet has dropped out or not without checking the actual Optus modem. My question is when I connect the new Fetch box to the main tv can I connect the original (which is still in working order, just a problem with the internet light) to a second tv in a bedroom?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Occasional Contributor jilly68
Occasional Contributor

Connecting old Fetch box on second tv when new one arrives

I am having my Fetch box replaced because the internet light (blue or red) has gone blank. The box still still works fine so when the new one arrives and is connected can I connect the old one to a tv in another room and set it up via wifi?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Akko
Occasional Contributor

Re: Connecting old Fetch box on second tv when new one arrives

I've just had mine replaced and noticed the light did same thing for a few days just prior to getting a red screen telling me Fetch could not log in.  This happened because somehow the Fetch box was de-activated by Optus.  A few days prior I received a new Fetch box from Optus that was not yet installed.  I think this is why the old box was deactivated.  Anyway once de-activated the box won't work unless Optus re-activates it and you then incur ongoing fee for having a 2nd Fetch box.  Also during re-activation process the box will be wiped of all recordings and settings.  So just plugging it in at another location won't work once it's deactivated.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Akko
Occasional Contributor

Re: Fetch Box

Same reply I sent to your first post 🙂

I've just had mine replaced and noticed the light did same thing for a few days just prior to getting a red screen telling me Fetch could not log in. This happened because somehow the Fetch box was de-activated by Optus. A few days prior I received a new Fetch box from Optus that was not yet installed. I think this is why the old box was deactivated. Anyway once de-activated the box won't work unless Optus re-activates it and you then incur ongoing fee for having a 2nd Fetch box. Also during re-activation process the box will be wiped of all recordings and settings. So just plugging it in at another location won't work once it's deactivated.