cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Lorena
New Contributor

I don't know what to do any more...

We have the $80 plan bundle, Internet/Fetch. I have been with Optus chat almost every month in the past year, either they disconnect or they send and SMS saying we owe $25 every time. Every time is the same bull... the famous entertainment pack!!! We have never asked for it, since we just watch the news, and that is the local news!!!! Channel 7 to be ore precise!!!! No CNN, no BBC, no ESPN. Every time I spend 1 hour trying to explain the situation. Every time they promise it is fixed and the entertainment pack has been removed, to only reappear magically the following month, then the disconnection or SMS that we owe $25.

The worst thing is that I have been paying $85 every month, $5 more that the $80, and still they keep coming with the story I owe $25. Ridiculous. I don’t understand if it is the system or the people that manage the system or OPTUS in general is hopeless. We have all our mobiles (4) with Optus with no problems. But definitely I need to stop this with the Internet/Fetch endless problem!!!

Probably the Chat has not helped at all, and it is the worst way to solve this problem. I have all the conversations saved, where Optus/Chat operator promises this is the last time…

Can someone  really help here? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: I don't know what to do any more...

You've been more then patient with Optus, its time to make a complaint to the industry watchdog, the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman.  They a very good as sorting this kind of stuff out, and it costs you nothing.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Lorena ,

That is really (really) poor. Unfortunately no one at this forum can help with billing issues. You could try Facebook Optus as they have some of the better agents there apparently.

That said I think at this stage your best bet is to just leave (or put up with it). The issue seems to be some backend quirk that it would seem no front end person is going to be able to reach (so they'll just keep telling you its fixed as far as they can see.) 

You could try the TIO. I would suggest writing a letter to the Optus complaints department first. This is taken seriously and you should get an official complaint number etc. If it doesn't get fixed you can then move to the TIO (they like it if you have a complaint nubmer). The TIO will then email Optus and refer them to the complaint number and say fix it please. Optus will try harder but IMO there's no guarantee it will get fixed. But perhaps worth a try.

The other two alternatives are:

1) Send back the Fetch box (Optus will send you a pre paid satchel on request). Maybe that will cancel the billing issue. You never actually own the Fetch box and you can always buy an identical refurbished model from FetchTV ebay for around $250 (that is yours to keep)

2) Leave Optus (for internet anyway). If you are NBN that should be easy. Plenty of other RSPs also offer Fetch boxes etc. That's a harsh solution but perhaps Optus won't listen to anything else than people leaving (someone very tech and senior should have been tasked with solving your issue after the 6 month mark!)

The only other thing I can suggest is I assume you have UNSUBSCRIBED from the pack on the Fetch unit itself. Not sure if there will be an option there etc. but just a thought.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey there Lorena,

That is very disappointing to hear it has not been resolved after all this time.

It sounds like what Peter has described may be happening with it regards to being a backend quirk but that is no excuse for you having to contact Optus regularly to follow up on and get fixed.

As he suggested, if you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. Not only should they be able to help, you'll also have it easily accessible in a message history and won't have to repeat yourself which I'm sure you're tired of doing.

Let us know how you go. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors