Searching...
Accepted Solution

How to return Optus Fetch Box

Jonilie

Hi, how do I return the Optus Fetch Box, after receiving the replacement for damaged one? The Customer Support we have spoken to, told us to make sure to return the box, otherwise we will be charged. But when we received the box, there was no further instruction on how to return the old one.

Solution

Re: How to return Optus Fetch Box

Davelew

Hi

Online chat and request a return satchel as this is the only way to send it back.

Ensure you tick the box on online chat to request an email with a transcript of your conversation in case you need to chase it up.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

petergdownload

Optus have a bit of a conflicted approach to the FetchTV box.

On one hand they wish to make it as unclear as possible that customers can not keep the box. So there's nothing making this clear in signing up and all procedures relating to the box won't disclose this (like telling you to ring a number when you want/need to send it back). Optus will generally charge you a non return fee ($250) rather than provide details on how to return the box.

But in general all you need to do is request a satchel and you can send it back. If you do get hit with a non return fee it will be refunded / recinded when the box gets to the Optus warehouse.

Peter Gillespie

Jonilie

I have tried twice to go through a live chat to request a satchel, but no one has answered, which is, a separate problem. 

But really, when Optus sends the new box, the satchel should come with it with an instruction on how to return.

Anyway, thank you all for your reply and information. I don't want to pay a hefty $250.

Jonilie

So now I have the satchel. I have the transcript of the chat, with customer service Danna, telling me to drop the satchel to nearest Post Office.

FetchTv Return.JPG

The satchel that came was from Toll. I specifically clarified from her previously, to make sure Post Office will receive it, as I heard of other people having this issue before, and she said yes Post Office will accept it. Today, I went to my nearest post office, and they DID NOT accept it. They said they do not deal with TOLL. If I insist on sending it to TOLL they will have to charge me! Then I went to another Post Office, just incase there was some sort of misunderstanding...still, they DID NOT accept it! So I went back home with the box, and called Toll to pick up the satchel instead. 

OPTUS, please update and give CLEAR instructions!!! Wasted an hour or so going around post offices today!

Highlighted

Davelew

It is nearly beyond belief, just glad you had a transcript of your online chat otherwise no one would believe you.

I returned a fetch mini last November and that was through Australia Post and in Sydney there is a dedicated receiving point at Australia Post's distribution Warehouse for the third party who distribute Fetch for Optus. I wonder if it depends on your location who is responsible for the delivery of the boxes.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

petergdownload

@Davelew, Agree that its just a mess (and with the customer needing to do the running around and potentially on the hook for $350 if the box doesn't end up at the correct location.)

Sending Toll Satchels to customers to take to Australia Post that seem won't accept them is just ...?

@Optus at least send a memo around to all customer staff as to what the current proceedure is. Then look to provide some very clear info about what steps are needed. This should be very available on the Optus Website and upfront when people recieve the box but it seems Optus don't want to openly tell customers the Fetch Box is leased only. @Dan_C perhaps a blog with the current best option could be set up?

Peter Gillespie

Tam16

This also happened to us. No return satchel. I'm on hold to person #3 trying to obtain a simple satchel. What a waste of time

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
76 Kudos
75 Kudos
28 Kudos
20 Kudos
17 Kudos