Searching...
Accepted Solution

How to remove / unsubscribe from Optus / Fetch Knowledge packs etc Cheers freviss

freviss

Re: How to remove / unsubscribe from Optus / Fetch Knowledge packs etc Cheers freviss

petergdownload

Should just be a matter of selecting this on the Fetch Box Menus. You can resubscribe the same way any time.

Peter Gillespie

Solution

Re: How to remove / unsubscribe from Optus / Fetch Knowledge packs etc Cheers freviss

freviss

Hi Peter many thanks for your kind assistance re Fetch 

matter now sorted 

Cheers freviss

[ Edited ]
newline

@petergdownload. Is that the case if you are subscribed via Optus (i.e. being billed for 1-4 packs by them) and/or (only) if directly subscribed to Fetch?

petergdownload

@newline,

That's the case if subscribed via Optus (use the Fetch box to add remove subscriptions).

I don't actually know how Fetch charges for subscriptions directly. You set up a billing link when you start and they charge you $1 for basic access. I don't know if you can then just use the Fetch to add subscriptions or if you need to go through a more formal process on your account on their site.

Peter Gillespie

newline

@petergdownload. Thanks. Reason I asked is that I signed up for the Entertainment Pack in 2016 and changed to the latest plan with the standard one pack plus an additional pack ($90+$6) in December. I have received no advice from anyone at Optus, or on the website, that it is up to me to tick the relevant boxes on the Fetch GUI. I'm (still) actually getting all packs (and I neither want nor need all of them).

newline

Update - for completeness. There is a blog on the subject https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Getting-started-with-Fetch-from-Optus-What-you-need-to-know/ba.... Explains almost everything.

My fetch mighty correctly shows that I am subscibed to two channel packs; so, nothing for me to do, there. However, I am still receiving all packs/channels. I'll report if anything changes at the start of my next billing cycle.

petergdownload

I think Fetch is giving away the Kids Pack for free this January.

Peter Gillespie

newline

Already ticked.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
51 Kudos
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
16 Kudos
12 Kudos